Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix

Go down 
+2
Abaddon
DEMonte1997
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix Empty
PostSubject: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 am

If I put the window up even a half inch the rattle stops. Is there an easy fix for this? The guides worn? Noticed the Riv's window insides are not as easy to access as the ones in the Regal.. So I want to be on top of this from the getgo. confused

Last edited by DEMonte1997 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:12 am

There are little felt "stoppers" inside the door itself. These things wear out and cause the window to rattle. These things wore a hole in both my tints on the windows. You have to remove the door panel and about 6 10mm bolts in order to replace them. Only place I know to get them is the dealer.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

maybe you can go to a fabric dealer and have them order you a square of the same felt for a fraction of the cost and make your own using the worn felt as templates. just an idea..
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Well, they're hard little felt "buttons" attached to little brackets that bolt on....
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 pm

is it feasable to make them?
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Just leave the windows up mart!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
is it feasable to make them?

I personally haven't tried yet. I'm still trying to scavenge up the $$$ for a window switch lol. Almost all of 2011 without a door panel haha. I should take pictures while it's apart. I literally have holes in both my window tints in the exact same spots from those little guys. You can't take them out without removing the long upper bracket that spans the entire length of the door. Those "buttons" secure from the bottom side of that, and you can see the tab sticking out from the top....
Back to top Go down
97buickriviera
Amateur
97buickriviera

Name : Ian
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Well maybe it's because of the windows not going up completely. I'm not sure, I could be wrong, but you know the windows are supported by nothing so the filler may be blocking the windows from going up all the way. Just open the doors and then roll up the window. Maybe it will stop then. neutral
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see if my dealer can help out with this item. I also have hard felt sheets lying around here with adhesive on one side... maybe that will work if I cut it to fit.

Who gave me a negative on my question, btw? Seemed a little uncalled for. lol
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:55 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Who gave me a negative on my question, btw? Seemed a little uncalled for. lol
I agree, I gave it the + to counter the -.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks Derek smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix   Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix Empty

Back to top Go down

Window rattles when all the way down-how to fix
Page 1 of 1