Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help

Go down 
+3
Eldo
stan
Rivlanta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

Name : Craig
Merit : 22

Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help Empty
PostSubject: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:20 am

I have uploaded several new (actually old rolleyes ) videos from the Buick "Know-how" Series on YouTube and thought this one video in particular, on finding/resolving squeaks, rattles, windnoise and water leaks, may be of some interest to my fellow Riv owners (it's a two-part video):

" border="0" alt=""/>

Hope this is of some help to y'all! smile
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 am

very-very nice Craig.Thanx.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 am

Craig, I DO appreciate your posts - I just can't help feeling depressed that they had to create these things in the first place... sad

EDIT: Does anyone know what the difference is between a 'retainer' and a 'flange'?

EDIT: I guess I'm glad I bought a new weatherstrip 3 years ago, just on general principles... But because it's now packed away for my move, I don't know if it has the modified seal or not. I have, however, noticed increasing noise in cross-wind conditions at high speeds...

Oh, God, it gets even worse at minute 7! I love the way they make frameless windows sounds line a brand-new idea... Hell, we had them on our '71 Lincoln!!

(and gee, isn't it easy to work on a car that just came off the assembly line?) tongue
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm

HELP!!!! How do you download? I have the wind whistles and can't load the info.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Straighteight wrote:
why dont you just watch the video in the player provided in the first post?
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Straighteight wrote:

He's right, just bookmark it... I tried 3 times to use DownloadHelper, and every time it looked like it worked but I got only an empty file.
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:12 pm

What player in the first post? How about a little serious help here? smile
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Straighteight wrote:
i wasnt kidding, what type of computer are you using that you are not able to see the youtube video box in the first post of this thread? here, let me do the work for you, heres the link to the same video on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NZyNHQ46Nc

if that doesnt help there is nothing anyone can do to help you.
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 pm

I have no such box fella, I wasn't born yesterday. I was able to do a search on u tube, and find the required site. Thanks for your consideration, time and talent in trying to understand another's problems.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Straighteight wrote:
I have no such box fella, I wasn't born yesterday. I was able to do a search on u tube, and find the required site. Thanks for your consideration, time and talent in trying to understand another's problems.
thats odd, this is what i see:
Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help Riv
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 pm

97 park ave wrote:
Straighteight wrote:
i wasnt kidding, what type of computer are you using that you are not able to see the youtube video box in the first post of this thread? here, let me do the work for you, heres the link to the same video on youtube:

97 Park Ave:
Why don't you quit showing disrespect to members like that and just go away.
This is a Riviera site not a park Ave site, and sorry you have no where to go.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Just go.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Rickw wrote:
97 park ave wrote:
Straighteight wrote:

97 Park Ave:
Why don't you quit showing disrespect to members like that and just go away.
This is a Riviera site not a park Ave site, and sorry you have no where to go.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Just go.
what are you talking about? why are you always speaking for other people im sure if straighteight thought that i was being an ass he wouldve said something. he thought i was joking and i simply assured that i wasnt and that there should be a youtube video box in the original post. what is your deal rick? and yes i am seriously asking you this expecting a response, i didnt do a damn thing to you. why are you whining? WAAAAAAAAAA, fuck off, why dont you grow up and if you got a problem with me then quit directing all of your posts at me. like you said, this is a riviera site, so start talking about rivieras instead of picking fights with me like an immature little bitch.
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:25 am

What screen, I just show his message, and a large box with an x in the upper left hand corner.
have uploaded several new (actually old ) videos from the Buick "Know-how" Series on YouTube and thought this one video in particular, on finding/resolving squeaks, rattles, windnoise and water leaks, may be of some interest to my fellow Riv owners (it's a two-part video):

This all there is. Must be my program needs a little tuning. Thank you for all your help.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Tyler's screen-shot is what you should be seeing.
From what you describe, you probably need to install/update Adobe Flash. Even though I always see the links properly, I still have some little glitch myself with YouTube links: After I click on the Play arrow, it tells me an error occurred, then I have to click in the black area to be taken directly to the YouTube page...

You should start by hovering/clicking on the 'x' and/or right-clicking within the empty box to see if you can glean any information - you could have a security program blocking it too. If you don't find any hints that way, google "Adobe Flash update" and follow the directions for your browser. (Come to think of it, you should first make sure your browser itself doesn't have any updates available...)

Good luck,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Straighteight
Straighteight

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Found the problem. I hadn't requested HTML on this site. STUPID-STUPID-STUPID
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out of my dilema.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 pm

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Straighteight wrote:
Found the problem. I hadn't requested HTML on this site. STUPID-STUPID-STUPID
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out of my dilema.

Ah-HAH!! Glad you found it.
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Sweet vids, thank you!

I have a slight wind noise on my passenger side window at highway speeds. Maybe now I can fix it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help   Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Squeaks, Rattles, Wind Noise & Water Leaks - Diagnosis Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: