Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Where did the Anti-Freeze go????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Straighteight
Straighteight

Merit : 1

Where did the Anti-Freeze go???? Empty
PostSubject: Where did the Anti-Freeze go????   Where did the Anti-Freeze go???? EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 10:03 am

dunno At 34,000 miles my antifreeze is down about a half a quart. Do these engines have the same coolant leak problem as the earlier models? This is for a 2004 Park Avenue without the supercharger.

I've a couple a Rivies, but right now they hold anti-freeze.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Where did the Anti-Freeze go????   Where did the Anti-Freeze go???? EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 1:20 pm

overflow? half a quart really isnt that bad if you've never touched it since new. hoses feel ok? i would just add some water (or water wetter) to it and keep an eye on it. if it loses more then be worried, if not then dunno
Matthew

Back to top Go down
duffy

Name : Jon
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Where did the Anti-Freeze go????   Where did the Anti-Freeze go???? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 8:14 am

Straighteight wrote:
dunno At 34,000 miles my antifreeze is down about a half a quart. Do these engines have the same coolant leak problem as the earlier models? This is for a 2004 Park Avenue without the supercharger.
I've a couple a Rivies, but right now they hold anti-freeze.

Well, Straighteight... as the owner of a brand new intake manifold that had been "causing a mystery" I'll tell ya. The antifreeze gets worn out, and attacks the plastic of the intake manifold, causing a very slow drop in coolant level. My car was "losing" about a quart a month, that is, until a catastrophic break in the plastic sent a huge amount of coolant into the intake... (LARGE cloud of steam out of the exhaust). Have the cooling system "pressure tested" and if it isn't holding pressure, I would suspect the intake. There are replacements that are better than OEM that are cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did the Anti-Freeze go????   Where did the Anti-Freeze go???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where did the Anti-Freeze go????
Page 1 of 1