Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fastfrankie
Amateur

Merit : 1

Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off... Empty
PostSubject: Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off...   Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 pm

My low coolant light is on and then goes off. On and then off...well my coolant level is fine and I just unplugged the sensor on the radiator that sets this light off. The light still comes on with the sensor disconnected. I even disconnected and reconnected the battery and let it sit overnight and the low coolant light still comes on.

Anyway other than removing the idiot lightbulb to get it to stay out...and I don't feel like buying a sensor at this point!
Back to top Go down
SC95Riv
Enthusiast
SC95Riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 0

Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off...   Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm

I have the same issue in my '95....its just the sensor, I was quoted around 80 bucks for the part, not sure about labor. It's been like that for about 6 months in my car, I got used to it. It wont affect driveability at all. Put a small piece of black tape over the lens if the light bothers you that much. lol....like I said I got used to it.
Back to top Go down

Low Coolant LIght On...and it wont go off...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: