Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Poly Engine Mounts

Go down 
+21
98RIV7777
Rickw
98RiviSC
SuperRiv07
Lucas
SC95Riv
2toneRivi
robotennis61
nothincame2mind
ewolfe0050
T Riley
andrzejsze
Mr.Riviera
oldsman105
mountainrider
deekster_caddy
turtleman
jax95riv
AA
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Poly Engine Mounts?
Yes, I'm in!
Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 Vote_lcap97%Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 97% [ 37 ]
No, I'll pass.
Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:13 pm

rick, provided i have the cash, i'll take a set of calipers and mounts from you.

Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:25 pm

I'll PM you when I'm done. I'm just going to total the cost of all the parts and pieces i bought to rebuild and make up the kit's. I'm not looking for any profit. I'll be selling them ready for paint.
You'll have to buy the paint color of your choice or leave them the way they are and also need two 20" brake lines/hoses to replace originals which will be too short.
I recommend ZZP for stainless braided made for the bonneville. That's what i bought for my car, work good, last long time. And Brake Pads of your choice to fit 98-02 camaro or firebird.
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

Name : Anthony
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Rick, I am definately interested just make sure that they are the mounts for the 1998, I am not sure what year mounts are interchangeable.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Well, I'll be doing a set for my car first and it's an 1998. So i will be sure what fit's that year anyway. But from what I'm told they are all the same. I still need to do a little research and verify.
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Sounds good, let me know your progress, keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:53 pm

Basically what I learned so far is that it makes sense to figure out which way the forces push against the mounts. So the higher durometer poly would be put in the side of the mount that the engine slams against when you accelerate hard but otherwise be softer (stock) durometer. Also because of the mixed materials, that ought to get rid of any harmonics that would lead to vibrations at certain speeds.

Still workin' on it.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:29 am

I'm definitely in for a set of mounts. I think mine are starting to get a little worn , not too bad yet but keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 7:09 pm

OK so i was in desperate need of a new front tranny mount. mine had cracked almost all the way through and was having major shift shock going into R.
i didnt want to spend the $$ on the online poly mix, and i wasnt sure if i wanted the mount to be solid epoxy lol so, here was my solution-
i went to the local Lowes and bought a tube of this (<$4)
Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 P3110010

then i pulled off the mount and filled up the area around the rubber with this stuff. i wrapped one side of the mount with alum foil to prevent it from coming out the other side. make sure you dont get any air bubbles in it too.
Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 P3110011
Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 P3110012

i let it sit for 36hrs, the tube says "one week before painting", and it probably takes that long to 100% cure. i had to drive home the next morning so 36hrs had to do.
if i were to do it again i'd wait as long a possible, but 36hrs would be ok to lightly drive on. the only thing that happen is the top fill area oozed out a little bit after 2hrs of driving.

it is heat resistant, easy to work with (wear glove though), and hardens to slightly firmer than rubber. i highly recommend this solution to anyone in need of new OEM strength mounts for cheap! the motor moves a LOT less now. my next move is to fill the rear trans mount frown but i hear it is a pita to get out...maybe i can fill it on the car idea

Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Nice solution! It's not pretty, but I am considering it for mine too!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:22 pm

it's not that bad really. i could have made it look better, but it's black and hidden behind the bracket anyways.

Back to top Go down
Lenrapkins

Name : Leonard Bernard Rapkins
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Sign me up for mounts also.
Len Rapkins
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Old thread and I don't think anyone has taken on the responsibility to have mounts made for a group buy.
It has come down to individuals doing what they want to do for themselves, I believe.
If something else is in the works I'd like to know as well. Right now, I just plan on using 3m window weld to shore up my mounts, and mine were replaced with new a couple of years ago. The OEM ones stink.
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast

Name : Chris L
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:09 pm

This couldn't happen at a better time. I'm in a hundred times"yes". Have been searching for the mounts for a couple of weeks now with basically no luck except for the rear trans only. This would finally be something for the Riviera that is very much needed to improve one of the ultra mushy comfort oriented setup. I need them now to go along with the addco sway bars and ploy link brushing to give our Rivs more of the hi-performance feel that we are mostly striving for. Perfect timing to whomever is getting this done. Let me know b/c I will prepay if needed Aaron.
Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poly Engine Mounts   Poly Engine Mounts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Poly Engine Mounts
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3