Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Sorry if it's a repost.

I had heard from a buddy that visits many detailing forums and only aims for the best on his BMW that Magic Erasers work well on cleaning leather seats.

My seats were brutal as I frequently have buddies over to work on their cars and almost always there is a run to the parts store and it's in the middle of the project when we are dirty.

I replaced a seat cover on my driverside and cleaned the front seats. Wow, these things work well and are easy. I think it even took a pen mark off the new seat cover.

Afterwards I used a leather conditioner/moisturizer and they look much better.

Here's a picture to give you an idea. I started cleaning the center of this bottom seat.
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers IMG_2703
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm glad to hear you chased it with a conditioner. We used those erasers on my mom's Murano. She has the light tan leather and the steering wheel got extremely dirty looking. How, it's gotta be dad cause all our hands are clean.

We used the eraser a couple of times alone. Looked great while doing it but it would leave a white haze over the surface and would be very dry. We hit it with some leather stuff and viola.

**Caution**

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work soo good they will remove the raised lettering on our door sills and buttons, scrub lightly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 5:10 pm

I would be careful about using it too much on the seats. It is an abrasive, so it will be hard on the leather. As long as you don't use it often, I don't think you will have too much of a problem.

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers   Mr. Clean Magic Erasers Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Page 1 of 1