Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

TTC Problems - say a prayer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

TTC Problems - say a prayer Empty
PostSubject: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 pm

For the Enterprise.

My car is sitting in a transmission shop :crying: actutally its on a lift trans a workbench getting a rebuild ( There wasn't time for me to get a shift kit Etc so don't ask) just a basic rebuild with clutches and a new torque converter.

Rant

This all started out with a simple solenoid change. My father has a trans guy he's known for years. So we take the car to him to have a TCC issue resolved. ( http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61026 ). He says its a bad solenoid and he will fix it for $300. Ok I mention that the for the riviera you most drop the whole subframe to get to get the tranny out so he can work on it . He says he doesn't have to he will just lower the subframe a little and change the solenoids through the fenderwell. Ok I am not a trans rebuilder so maybe he can. Well One week goes by and I call him to ask if the cars ready. He wants to talk to my dad ( who is standing right next to me ) so I pass it to him. After they speak it seems I need a NEW Torque converter price is now $500 and the car will be ready saturday (it is thursday in the story) . So saturday rolls in I head to the Transmission shop to pick up my car and get the final price. Well guess whats the first thing the tranny guys says to me (translated from spanish )" This is a pain in the @$$, I had to drop the whole subframe and remove the transmisson just to look at it. Is it done I ask. (tranny guy) Haven't touched the trans yet. evil . WHY YOU.......... My father steps in and tells him to take his time. After giving my father the look of death. I took a deep breathe told him to just do the whole thing and left.

Cliff Notes

trans bad
trans needs new torque converter
car is still down.
©️k!n9 Transmission guy that doesn't give a $h!†.
ME= :flames:

update on monday.

Disclaimer:

All spelling and grammar errors are due to frustration.
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 5:28 pm

I hate guys like that. They tell you one thing and it means another. I haven't really had that problem too much with mechanics, but it does happen. I'm praying he does it right.
Back to top Go down
NO 4 EVR
Addict
NO 4 EVR

Name : Troy
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 1:36 am

Yeah, you try to give them a useful helpful hint that may save time and or frustration and they blow you off because they have a superiority complex. I understand it's their job and they know what they are doing, but sometimes they can take the chip off their shoulder.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 11:06 pm

So, they determined it's the converter and not the TCC without having pulled the tranny? I'm curious how they figured out it's the converter. I would still guess solenoid, they're an extremely common problem.

Good luck

-Derek
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptyMon Feb 19, 2007 1:11 am

no first they said it was the solenoid then determined I should also replace the torque converter.
Back to top Go down
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptyMon Feb 19, 2007 10:59 am

BTW, I have never heard of the stock converter failing under normal conditions. How many miles are on the trans?

Just did a search on clubgp.com, a lot of talk about bad seals causing TC problems.
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer EmptyMon Feb 19, 2007 2:13 pm

161,469 miles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TTC Problems - say a prayer   TTC Problems - say a prayer Empty

Back to top Go down

TTC Problems - say a prayer
Page 1 of 1