Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!

Go down 
+9
ewolfe0050
TonySmooth89
96riv
TType_Riviera
BuickRegalGSX'01'
99Rivman
palermocorey90
texasfan010
ACE
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ACE
Rookie
ACE

Name : Edward
Merit : 0

Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! Empty
PostSubject: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey there,

If things go as planned, I should have my '96 Supercharged by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I stumbled onto this car (with the help of some friends), and after some research, and a Test Drive - I fell in love.

The '96 I'm buying, has some LONG miles on it - but was kept and babied so well, the car looks brand new. I was told that the hood was just repainted, due to the problems that these Rivs have been known to have, but other than that .... this car seems really, really clean. Spotless, really.

It's White, with all the interior extras - leather - buckets, and such.

I am so VERY excited.

If I update this thread with some pics by the end of the week, you'll have proof that my VooDoo is very strong, indeed.

-ACE
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 12:27 am

this sounds almost exactly like what happened to me, i was searching for a pontiac grand prix GTP for months but while cruising the auto lots i seen a riv, and it being supercharged, and i ended up buying mine for $3900, and its flawless, and now im so glad i found a riv and decided on it rather than a grand prix.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:05 pm

congrats on the find how that you get it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Werlcome to the Forum thumbsup
Good luck!
Post some pics in the Showroom if you get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Amateur
BuickRegalGSX'01'

Name : Mike

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:13 pm

texasfan010 wrote:
this sounds almost exactly like what happened to me, i was searching for a pontiac grand prix GTP for months but while cruising the auto lots i seen a riv, and it being supercharged, and i ended up buying mine for $3900, and its flawless, and now im so glad i found a riv and decided on it rather than a grand prix.

Man you should have went with the Grand Prix they look better and they are faster...
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:18 pm

i dont think they look better, and its not only about speed, and i got my riv for heck of a lot less than a GTP, the riv is also hardly ever seen unlike the grand prix which you see every day.
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:18 pm

BuickRegalGSX'01' wrote:
texasfan010 wrote:

Man you should have went with the Grand Prix they look better and they are faster...

dems fightin words nono
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Amateur
BuickRegalGSX'01'

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:20 pm

yeah i guess your right...buicks are really nice and alot cheaper but if you had the money, i would have gone with the GTP...Buicks look ok but personaly the GTP is my way
Back to top Go down
96riv
Fanatic
96riv

Name : Dennis
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Comparing a Buick to a Pontiac is like comparing a Lexus to a Toyota. Build quality, interior pieces, sound deadening all favor the Buick. The only thing Pontiac has is the ugly body cladding that falls off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arizonagn.com
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm

I wouldve bought a gtp but....
I enjoy comfort over anything. And id sooner drive something like my brothers N/A Park Ave over a gtp , as its far more relaxing to drive. Besides you cant go fast all the time in your car , but you can always be comfortable. The Regal GS was another car i looked into but i found it to be too bland inside and out , which to give it some credit does add to its sleeper appeal , but nonetheless i'm more than happy with my decision to purchase a riv. The regal is a good comprimise between peformance and style/comfort , but in the end id take my compromised performance. thats why they have mods...
Back to top Go down
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Amateur
BuickRegalGSX'01'

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:28 pm

96riv wrote:
Comparing a Buick to a Pontiac is like comparing a Lexus to a Toyota. Build quality, interior pieces, sound deadening all favor the Buick. The only thing Pontiac has is the ugly body cladding that falls off.

hey im not saying the GTP is shitty...my regal beats a GTP all the time....i like riviera's alot they are hard to find and are a classy car..but i still favor the GTP.. I think the newer Grand Prixs are ok...but what i really love are the older ones like early 90s...put a V8 in those they sound really good
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:35 pm

You did understand that saying a gtp ( a lower end model ) is better than a riv on a forum dedicated to rivs was going to be greatly dissented right?
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:36 pm

"hey im not saying the GTP is shitty..."

I think 96Riv was comparing a GTP to a Toyota and the Riv to the Lexus. Which I have to agree with. Not the other way around...
Back to top Go down
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Amateur
BuickRegalGSX'01'

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:44 pm

yes i know...but i have never driven a Riv before so idk which is better...i just know the older ones are faster than the rivs because of the v8...but really i dont even know why i like GTPs i beat them all the time, but them more and more i see a riv i like them better
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Gotcha. No hard feelings... to each his own on style. Got to get in a Riv tho! expecially one thats been modified.
Back to top Go down
BuickRegalGSX'01'
Amateur
BuickRegalGSX'01'

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:48 pm

ewolfe0050 wrote:
Gotcha. No hard feelings... to each his own on style. Got to get in a Riv tho! expecially one thats been modified.

im thinkin about it...but i own a buick regal GSX is really nice and doing me good...i love this car
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:56 pm

BuickRegalGSX'01' wrote:

im thinkin about it...but i own a buick regal GSX is really nice and doing me good...i love this car

do you have any mods? or are you stock?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 pm

I have two kids and would appreciate the 4 door. Maybe a Lucerne this summer. Was that introduced to take over the Regal line? Are they just carring 3 models for this year?
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 am

BuickRegalGSX'01' wrote:
ewolfe0050 wrote:

That Regal is a nice car, but I don't know why you'd come to a Riv specific forum and dis our choice in a ride. crazy twak poke J/K... at least you drive a Buick, if not a Riv. thumbsup

Last edited by 1998 Riv on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:03 am

ewolfe0050 wrote:
I have two kids and would appreciate the 4 door. Maybe a Lucerne this summer. Was that introduced to take over the Regal line? Are they just carring 3 models for this year?

Plenty of room in my back seat for 2 kids, one in a car seat even. 3gears
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 am

I got two in car seats! Got to say, i hate bumping doors with somebody. Thinking second car for evereyday use and keep the Riv for fun.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 8:38 am

The Lucerne replaced the Park Ave and LaSabre. I like it's design, but it hasn't grown on me like I'd hoped. Nice car, but it's just not for me (yet). I think Buick needs to escape its older target market; the Lucerne isn't doing this.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:32 am

I've been trying to get my wife to accept the idea of a full size car to replace her 2005 T&C van, in a couple years, and I think the Lucerne is growing on her. I saw a real nice looking one yesterday in pearl white, much more interesting paint than my Riv's pearl white. My preference would be a Super, but mpg's may influence that.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Lucerne's are nice man u should get on ewolf. there no STS but i got love for them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
ACE
Rookie
ACE

Name : Edward

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 4:54 pm

I hate to blow a crosswind onto this very lively, and spirited debate, but ....

.... my wife called.

The White '96 is sitting in my driveway - waiting for me.
I got it. It's mine.

*Wheeeee!!*

-ACE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!   Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping my Fingers (and toes) crossed!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next