Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

BODY CONTROL MODULE

Go down 
+3
deekster_caddy
TonySmooth89
71stagegs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 2

BODY CONTROL MODULE Empty
PostSubject: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:31 pm

I have no interior lights ,lighted visor's overhead lights door lamps but all gauges light I was told its body contol module.Anyone change one of these for interior lights?Thanks steve
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Did you check fuses? I had something similar to that only the gauges went out too and it turned out to be a fuse.
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:52 pm

No not that lucky they are good.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:22 pm

It would help us if you put information about your car in your signature (what year, what have you done to it, etc)

There is also a lighting control module in this car, but it does sound like stuff controlled by BCM...

Interior lights and door lights are generally powered at the same time, double check your fuses. There are fuse boxes all over the car...
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Were is the bcm located in a 96 sc riv?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:40 pm

I have had the same problem after leaving the doors or trunk open so long that it timed out. It also burned out a 10 amp fuse under in one of the blocks under the rear seat.
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 pm

sburch23 wrote:
I have had the same problem after leaving the doors or trunk open so long that it timed out. It also burned out a 10 amp fuse under in one of the blocks under the rear seat.
I found the fuse blocks taped in the harness where was the 10 amp fuse thanks Steve
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:40 pm

I found it on the diagram in the owners manual.

My daughter has the car with the manual now and she is gone. I will get back to you when I can give a decription.
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 12:47 am

thanks, all the blocks were good i put a body control module in still no interior lights
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 am

A 1995 has A 20 amp fuse in the rear fuse block (under rear seat) marked INTR LP. It also has a relay in the rear relay center ( other black box under rear seat) Marked INTERIOR LAMP RELAY. There is also in the rear fuse block (under rear seat) a 15amp fuse marked I/P 1. The fuses and relays are in the owners manual and inside the lids of the black boxes under the rear seat.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:41 am

I wonder if one or both or your door switches (they are in the door latches not pin switches) failed?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm

[quote="71stagegs"]thanks, all the blocks were good i put a body control module in still no interior lights[/quote
I found the fuse panel under the seat i had a 10 amp fuse blown
I looked in service manual about body control mod i checked reg fuse panel then check the blocks in harness under the seat i don't see anything about rear fuse panel i must have missed it.Thanks to all for your help
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:46 am

Glad it is working what year is your car anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE   BODY CONTROL MODULE Empty

Back to top Go down

BODY CONTROL MODULE
Page 1 of 1