Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Light Control Module?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Riv95SC
Enthusiast
Riv95SC

Name : Riv95SC
Merit : 6

Light Control Module? Empty
PostSubject: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Does anybody know if the '95 Riv has a separate light control module? Or is light control part of the BCM? Seems like a simple question, but I can't seem to search up the answer anywhere.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ghavana
Special

Name : Anatoly
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi,
Any idea what does it mean "Lighting control module"? I have the Riviera 98 since 2006. And since last year summer I can't use high beam regime. It can be switched on and off but when I release the turn signal switcher rod it switches off any way. First time I've been told by my mechanic that I do need to replace the turn signal switcher part. I have ordered the part "NEW OEM TURN SIGNAL SWITCH 26052428 BUICK RIVIERA" and then everything is working again except the high beam regime at the released rod. Now I had been asked to figure it out to change the "Light control module". If anybody knows the correct name and part # for that item please let me know any guess and idea? My all numerous internet researches have not brought any result... Thank you
Ghavana@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Ghavana wrote:
Hi,
Any idea what does it mean "Lighting control module"? I have the Riviera 98 since 2006. And since last year summer I can't use high beam regime. It can be switched on and off but when I release the turn signal switcher rod it switches off any way. First time I've been told by my mechanic that I do need to replace the turn signal switcher part. I have ordered the part "NEW OEM TURN SIGNAL SWITCH 26052428 BUICK RIVIERA" and then everything is working again except the high beam regime at the released rod. Now I had been asked to figure it out to change the "Light control module". If anybody knows the correct name and part # for that item please let me know any guess and idea? My all numerous internet researches have not brought any result... Thank you
Ghavana@gmail.com

I need to check my service manual (friend has borrowed them from me) but I think you are looking for ACDELCO 10427828, they are available - for instance less than US$100.00 at rockauto.com web site. Correct name is BODY CONTROL MODULE. Any of you reading this that can confirm it, please do so ASAP.

If I remember correctly, the GM cars of this era (well, since the early 1990s and OBD-1) used electronic modules to switch the various relays that control power circuits (such as lighting). Riviera was no different except that its Body Control Module could also have memory to set the mirrors and seats, and tilt the passenger side mirror downward in reverse gear for parking, in addition to controlling lighting.
Back to top Go down
Ghavana
Special

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Thank you. It is getting better
Back to top Go down
Ghavana
Special

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 3:04 pm

I have found the "Body Control Module GM #10419781 Bonneville Aurora Riviera LeSabre" and it is compatible with 1 vehicle(s) matching 1998 Buick Riviera Base Coupe 2-Door 3.8L 3800CC 231Cu. In. V6 GAS OHV Supercharged - my car, but..... Mechanic says that I do need to try part # 25628664 - "97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 PARK AVENUE CHASSIS ECM LAMPS LH DASH HDLP 30590" and, unfortunaly, "This part is not compatible with 1998 Buick Riviera Base Coupe 2-Door 3.8L 3800CC 231Cu. In. V6 GAS OHV Supercharged". I don't know what to do totally! Please, help!
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 8:22 am

What you need is the 1998 Factory Service Manual. Follow the trouble chart for your problem, and it will isolate the circuit or component at fault. Without it, you throw money and parts at a problem not knowing if it will solve the problem. If you own one of these cars, having the FSM is not optional IMHO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-BUICK-RIVIERA-OLDSMOBILE-AURORA-FACTORY-REPAIR-SERVICE-3-MANUAL-SET-/232228367608?hash=item3611e3acf8:g:v7UAAOxyuDpSGSRv&vxp=mtr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Ghavana wrote:
I have found the "Body Control Module GM #10419781 Bonneville Aurora Riviera LeSabre" and it is compatible with 1 vehicle(s) matching 1998 Buick Riviera Base Coupe 2-Door 3.8L 3800CC 231Cu. In. V6 GAS OHV Supercharged - my car, but..... Mechanic says that I do need to try part # 25628664 - "97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 PARK AVENUE CHASSIS ECM LAMPS LH DASH HDLP 30590" and, unfortunaly, "This part is not compatible with 1998 Buick Riviera Base Coupe 2-Door 3.8L 3800CC 231Cu. In. V6 GAS OHV Supercharged". I don't know what to do totally! Please, help!

It is not so much that the part 25628664 is not compatible, rather that it's not on the car in the first place.

You need to get the factory manuals.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Lmck3
Amateur
Lmck3

Name : Lance Mckinley
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:20 pm

it is named "Lamp Control Module".

image from 1997 Factory Service Manual here:
https://s279.photobucket.com/user/Lmckinley99/media/riviera_1997_lamp_control_module.jpeg.html?filters[user]=72069837&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

the "Lamp Control Module" appears to be involved with many functions.
as per page 8A-100-0 and page 8A-100-1 from the factory service manual [ WHICH YOU NEED ],
this black-box connects to:

rear power center
headlamp switch
dimmer switch on column
audible warning
instrument panel fuse block
gearshift park/neutral switch
ambient sensor
remote function actuator module (mounted in trunk i think)
four headlamp bulbs
and probably more...

in order to figure out problems with this system,
YOU NEED A COPY OF THE FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL.

helm is the official distributor of GM factory manuals:  http://www.helminc.com/
at present they have none of the 2-volume sets for the 1995-1999 Rivieras.  ($200)

but we have eBay.
the day is going to come when used copies no longer appear on eBay or anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Control Module?   Light Control Module? Empty

Back to top Go down

Light Control Module?
Page 1 of 1