Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help

Go down 
+5
AA
deekster_caddy
Mr.Riviera
1998 Riv
napalmpt
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help   Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 10:46 am

The best way to find out if the coupler or a tensioner/idler bearing is bad is to remove tension from the belts and check each pulley by hand. The SC would be rotated back and forth quickly feeling for play.

For a write up for the M62 SC, look at the Techinfo section on Bonnevilleclub.com. The only real difference from an M90 is you remove the SC/TB from the engine to change the coupler. There is a stud that holds the alt bracket to the SC. Double nut it to get it out. My suggestion is to replace it with a regular bolt.
Back to top Go down
napalmpt
Rookie

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help   Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:11 am

Well just an update on my progress so far. It wasnt the sc, water pump, a/c compressor, alt, or power steering pump. I took off the belt on the super charger started the engine, got the noise. Put the belt back on, took off the other belt to the alt and power steering pump, started the car, still got the noise. I think its coming from below my super charger but on the top end of the engine... any ideas?
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help   Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:18 am

Injectors? Valves? Look into those.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help   Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:04 pm

It's normal for injectors to make some noise. Get a 3 ft hose (garden hose works fine) and use it as a stethescope to find the source...
Back to top Go down
napalmpt
Rookie

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help   Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Just thought I would let everyone know I FINALLY foudn the prob. Its teh harmonic balancer going out and apperently the rattling in the missing "teeth" in it. The sound was just echoing its way to the top of my engine. Got a new one gonna put in on in a few days =) Special thanks to my friends dad for helping me figure out wth it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help   Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question or 2... maybe 3 =) Please help
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2