Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 Riv Troubles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaMeatman
Special
DaMeatman

Merit : 0

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:05 am

Bought a 95 riv 3 months ago finely started driving it. had a lot of trouble getting codes fromit. Ended up getting the codes read at Murreys auto parts

The codes I'm getting are:
quad driver module-qdm 4 fault
fuel trim signal lean
linear egr pintle position error
cc switch sensor signal circuit problem

I have the FSM and it said the quad code was something to do with the cooling fans and or air compressor.
The fuel trim I'm thinking fuel filter.
Might have to replace egr valve
Cc Switch- I have no idea
I bought a scanner actron cp9145 should be here monday
any ideas .................Thanks
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 am

Ok...let's start out easy.

EGR, get a new gasket.. pull it off and make sure the pintle (piece you can push on underneath) is free moving. I've used carb cleaner etc to free them up. Spray it on in to remove the carbon. Work the pintle until it's free moving and does not bind at either end of the motion.

QDM4 - look closely at the items on the QDM4, any one of them appear to be malfunctioning or acting oddly? I had a QDM (don't remember the #) that had to do with the evap sol, bcs sol and TCC, all items worked fine..but the BCS was replaced and it cleared the issue.

CC: I would check the connectors on the module atop the transmission and the CC button/switches on the turn signal stalk to make sure they seem to be moving properly and not stuck.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:18 am

+1 to the Boost Control Solinoid. I had same code, Quad Drive 4, and also a boost gadge. Boost would only build to 4psi or so at WOT. Replaced the part(50bucks) and bppst is up around 6 where it should be at WOT.

Junkie

Merit : 26

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 2:18 pm

Karma...are you sure QDM4 is the one that has the BCS on it? I thought it was QDM3
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:02 pm

my bad, I may be wrong. I looked back at my records and it was QDM Code 56 that led me to change the BCS on my 95...

Special
DaMeatman

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Ok got my scanner today I'm down to 2 codes qdm 4 fault which has to be because of lack of freon in system and egr pintle positoin error. I took off the egr no carbon pintle moved freely still cleaned it out with throttle body cleaner still throws a code. Is the egr valve common to go out in these cars? The part at auto zone is 140.00
By the way Thanks for all the replies
Back to top Go down
DaMeatman
Special
DaMeatman

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 pm

I replaced the egr valve and that code went away. The car runs very well now. I gutted the air box today feels like a little more power and not alot of whine. I hope I can get better gas mileage now ....Thank for all your help and replies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

95 Riv Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 Riv Troubles   95 Riv Troubles Empty

Back to top Go down

95 Riv Troubles
Page 1 of 1