Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?

Go down 
+2
nothincame2mind
Buapo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? Empty
PostSubject: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:15 pm

I was thinking about getting the FWI from Intense Racing, it looks good. I'm just not sure if it would work for my '98 Riviera.

I PM'ed someone on this board who has it in theirs, but has anyone heard anything else about this FWI?
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm

I honestly don't see why it wouldn't work. It's flexible, but is it long enough? That's the only problem I would forsee. I was thinking about trying it too.

If not, they have intake tubing that you could buy per foot.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:52 pm

That's just too expensive for something that looks like a home depot intake to me. I'd rather go to home depot and ACTUALLY get it cheap if I went that rought.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:25 pm

We sell pretty much the same tubing/hose at work, and I wouldn't put it on my car.
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:00 pm

Dave: how much is that hose per foot at your work?
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 pm

I don't recall for sure, will have to check on Monday. I cut a chunk off and brought it home for consideration, and I recall thinking it didn't seem to make a very good curve down to the fenderwell. This was a 4" ID piece, I think.
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 6:56 pm

I have the intense tubing, i'm not sure why it draws so much negative feedback. Stock look, cheap, basically universal as long as you have a ballpark measurement, and super easy to install. Mine curved pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Got any pictures?
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Yeah. Some old, some recent, i'll post a few.

When I first put it in

Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? Form010at7

Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? Form011ey7

Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? Amandasvideos013nu7
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Just a heads up, I bought 2 1/2 feet of it and didn't have to cut it. I didn't buy the complete thing, duct+filter because I had a 4 inch pvc intake with a 9 in. k&n, which got replaced with the 3.5 in. Intense tubing. I'm quite happy with the results.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:16 pm

Buapo wrote:
Dave: how much is that hose per foot at your work?

Ben, the hose in the pics looks like it bends much better than the stuff I have. Haven't checked on the pricing, but I don't think I'd want to sell any to anyone for a FWI.
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:46 am

Excellent, thanks for all the replies, guys!

In the pictures posted, it looks like a generic pipe clamp was used to put that hose in there.

What about the IAT sensor? Where did that go?
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:26 am

Take a look at this!

This dude installed his Intense FWI on his Bonneville through his stock airbox. It looks like something I might want to do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1neZUz2bd-4

Last edited by Buapo on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot link, heh heh.)
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Buapo wrote:
Excellent, thanks for all the replies, guys!

In the pictures posted, it looks like a generic pipe clamp was used to put that hose in there.

What about the IAT sensor? Where did that go?

Yeah if you get 3.5" tubing, you won't need a reducer since it's the same measurement as the throttle body. It was a little tricky getting the tubing to slip over the throttle body, it just takes a little convincing. You can't tell from the pics but the inner layers of the tubing have some sort of metal in them, possibly steel as I found it almost impossible to cut with a pair of tin snips. I just let my IAT sensor dangle down somewhat near the lower splash guard, but you may want to either buy the IAT sensor pigtail and drop it down somewhere near the filter, or find a way to mount it into the intake.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Imo, letting the IAT sensor hang in the tube is better than mounting it. As long as it isn't moving around enough to injure itself, should be okay. Less heat sink this way.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:53 pm

That and if you look at the texture of the tube, it would be damn near possible to fit it in there and totally re-seal it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?   Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us? Empty

Back to top Go down

Intense Racing's FWI - any good for us?
Page 1 of 1