Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

will intense or zzp's cat back fit?

Go down 
+5
Jason
Buapo
palermocorey90
deekster_caddy
97rivsc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
97rivsc
Fanatic
97rivsc

Name : mike
Merit : 0

will intense or zzp's cat back fit? Empty
PostSubject: will intense or zzp's cat back fit?   will intense or zzp's cat back fit? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 1:12 am

I am really desperately hoping that I can find some sort of cat-back kit for my car, I am not a man of 100% custom exhaust (all raw parts). mainly lookin for a system that is a direct bolt on
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007661&id=1593150315#/pro
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: will intense or zzp's cat back fit?   will intense or zzp's cat back fit? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 am

AFAIK there is no cat-back made for our cars. An exhaust shop should easily be able to make a custom cat back for you, to your specs, for a couple hundred. It's a real simple design, striaight back the middle to a Y to the mufflers... Shop around a bit if you don't like the first price you find.

Intense and ZZP sell cat-backs for W-bodys, i.e. GP, Regal, Impala. Not G-bodys.
Back to top Go down
97rivsc
Fanatic
97rivsc

Name : mike
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: will intense or zzp's cat back fit?   will intense or zzp's cat back fit? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 1:43 pm

ok so I contacted an exhaust and repair shop and I was wondering should I go with the resonator or without, I don't want to have it, but will I need it to avoid being pulled over cuz I love loud and nasty exhaust
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007661&id=1593150315#/pro
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: will intense or zzp's cat back fit?   will intense or zzp's cat back fit? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:42 pm

You should be okay without the resonator. Personally I hate the sound it makes without, but it doesn't get that much louder.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: will intense or zzp's cat back fit?   will intense or zzp's cat back fit? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm

i hope this will help out.ur prolly wont sound just like this but heads the DL

SSAC headers
magnaflow 3" high flow cat
no resi
3" custom mandrel bent cat back
borla proXS 3" in/out
3" tip
(this is also with a S1X cam)