Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Just posting some recent mods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy
Amateur

Name : Jeremy
Merit : 0

Just posting some recent mods Empty
PostSubject: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:12 pm

Just posting some recent mods Carpics006
Just posting some recent mods Carpics008
Just posting some recent mods Carpics003
Just posting some recent mods Carpics004
Just posting some recent mods Carpics005

Just got done with the boost gage- it fit pretty well without too much modification. I can post install pics if needed. Also, thats just plexi i cut to fit over the silencer holes and i also did the same to the ones under the bottom
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:28 pm

what size pulley is that
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
Jeremy
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Its a 2.5"
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:43 am

how much did the boost gauge cost and how would you go about hooking that up so it actually works?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 pm

how much power did the 2.5 add and what other mods do you need to run so it performs well
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Jeremy
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 7:45 pm

The 2.5 pulley made quite a difference in the off the line power- which really didnt need to be helped. the tires melt if you nail it off the line followed by a way to soon shift into second gear. Overall though, i did the 104's and a larger idler pulley to make up the slack in the belt. Other than sealing and gutting the intake, thats pretty much it. I would recommend programming, or flashing in my case, the computer and upgrading the fuel pump with a 255 lph unit and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The fuel is a critical issue on the OBD 1's because the factory stuff just barely got the job in stock trim. I would not reccomend the 2.5 if you dont upgrade the fuel system or you will be putting a motor in it like i;m doing now.
Back to top Go down
TypetoHarry
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:26 pm

How would one go about flashing and what specific type of fuel pump and regulator?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:15 pm

As far as the computer tuning, go to www.gmtuners.com for the pcm programming. The company's name is Sinister Performance Llc. I would recommend a Walbro 255lph pump. you can get one for $77.95 at maperformance.com You can get an adjustale fuel pressure regulator MSD 2220 for $69.40 at atlanticspeed.com. Or of course you could also just hit up google like I just did ha...
Back to top Go down
TypetoHarry
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks, I went to intense and wasn't sure if the Walbro would work with a 95. They had something called a "Venturi Specific" walbro. I'm going to look into which I need. I had no idea where to get the pcm done. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:51 pm

it works i installed it in my 95
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 am

.. just to clarify, is this the pump we are talking about?
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/w-body-store-highvolume-255lph-fuel-pump-kit-p-35.html

and what about the rewire kit?
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/l67-l32-fuel-pump-hotwire-kit-p-10.html
could the rewire kit be adapted for a 95?

PostSubject: Re: Just posting some recent mods   Just posting some recent mods Empty

Back to top Go down

Just posting some recent mods
Page 1 of 1