Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!

Go down 
+7
Mr.Riviera
TType_Riviera
jax95riv
TonySmooth89
Shintsu
IBx1
Buapo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Empty
PostSubject: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:28 pm

I don't think I've posted full-size pictures of my car on this site yet. There's bits and pieces, yeah, but no "glamor" shots. I finally got around to doing the whole shebang on this car. I really wish the owner before me waxed the damn thing, but it was some old lady I think. At least she didn't drive it much.

Washed the car with Turtle Wax "Ice" - I really like it, very few water spots. I used the Mothers Claybar System, which is on sale at Murray's right now for $14.95. I've used the Macguires version, but it's $10 more for the same results. Finished it off with Macguires NXT Tech Wax 2.0 - just came out, and I still love this stuff. Worth the extra money, IMO.

Okay, so here's the pics! Sorry, I took 'em with my phone.

Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera1a
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera2a
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera7a
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera3a
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera4a
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera5a
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera6

Picture of my new intake:
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera10

Picture of my new 3.4" Intense MPS:
Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Riviera11

These pictures just remind me that the Riviera BEGS to have chrome rims. It really brings the look together, I'm glad I dropped the $450 for this set.

Edit: I didn't do the windows yet, so don't judge me! wink
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:59 pm

That is beautiful, and your hard work shows! Excellent color, too, and it looks awesome when cleaned up this much!
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I think I have the sole Riviera with a somewhat dirty hood. Everyone elses I see looks like all brand new tanks under there and new hoses and everything looks pretty and new. My stuff is not purely filthy but dirt has built up in the little hard to reach spots. I've tried cleaning it but it's going to take me a very long time to get it all clean...

Nice car though!
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Nice job! how do you keep that plastic trim at the bottom so good looking? mine looks like crap.
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 6:50 pm

clap Very nice looking ride. It really shows you put a lot of work into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 7:11 pm

very nice...mine would turn out that way a few years ago..but these damn ohio winters have really took there toll..specially on the hood..
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

well done. bet the paint feels 10x better after the clay bar. is that the first time you've done it on the riv?

TonySmooth89 wrote:
Nice job! how do you keep that plastic trim at the bottom so good looking? mine looks like crap.
meguiars "natural shine" rubber & vinyl protectant works very well wink spray some on a towel and buff to a nice dark finish.

Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Wow, another person besides me and Aaron who has that paint job! Beautiful, I love that color, you rarely see it on any kind of car. Those tips look awesome on there too. Looks perfect.

Now all I've gotta do is get the damn swirl marks out of it...
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:28 pm

ZEP wrote:

Now all I've gotta do is get the damn swirl marks out of it...

Zaino #5 from zainostore.com

...problem solved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I really did spend a lot of time on this. About 45 minutes washing, a full hour to claybar it, and another hour waxing, polishing the wheels and cleaning up that plastic trim!

First off, the plastic trim. Honestly, this is the first time it's looked so good. I got some wax on the plastic trim, which is very hard to avoid. I asked my dad what I should do to get the wax off. I was thinking alcohol, but he said no. He gave me a little spray bottle filled with - I never would have seen this coming - Skin So Soft bath oil by Avon. It worked really well, and when I was finished, the towel I was using was BLACK. It made it shine really well, and cleaned it much better than washing it did.

I will definately get this Macguires shit though, I'm sure it's better.

And thank god, the tips are stainless steel. They don't have any rust aside from right at the weld.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:22 pm

Took me an hour to wash all the winter dirt off, and the next hour and a half to wax and seal the paint. I don't have chromes, so I just sprayed the rim cleaner on, the tire cleaner/UV protectant on, sprayed it off with a high-pressure setting on my hose, and scrubbed the tires a bit. It's tough work, and takes a good stiff arm, but it's all worth it. I got some paint sealant on the plastic lip on the front of the car 2 months ago when I washed it, and it's still there now. I just never bothered and figured a good rain would wash it off. Nope!
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:25 pm

My car is still in the same condition as far as rust goes on the underside of the car. I have that electronic rust protection, and it seems to work very well, plus I did the underbody wash to get the salt off from under there. The car has no more rust than when I got it, hopefully I can keep it that way!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:44 am

sweet!
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:02 am

very nice looking car,i will second the color its a nice looking color.thats a lot of hard work trust me man i know. you worked ur ass offf
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:25 am

Looks way cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:37 pm

jax95riv wrote:

Zaino #5 from zainostore.com

...problem solved!

Actually, I've been planning on getting that for like a month now. First time I heard about it actually was on your cardomain site when I was looking at Rivs on there. I'll be ordering the full giant package they offer, but that'll be next month. I've heard great things about Zaino so I'll give it a shot. I actually used their glass cleaner to clean the hard water off my windows. That was like the most amazing product ever...

Anyways, those chrome wheels look awesome on there. I hate my alloys on mine. They make the car look 10x better.
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:05 pm

I wasn't particularly proud of my car when it had the alloys on it. Sure, it was nice, but it looked rather "dull." Then the chomes went on, and POP! Man, made it look like a million bucks!

Definitely worth the money. And chrome isn't just for looks, either.

It's so much easier to clean than alloy (especially the Riv's stock alloys, LORD).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!   Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just finished washing, claybaring, waxing - pics!
Page 1 of 1