Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Pearl Riv's details

Go down 
+17
jimmyriv
okiedrifter
Andysdorm
AA
dreww
SpaceBar
RhinoFLA
oldsman105
Mr.Riviera
99Rivman
jax95riv
racinfan
Jason
1998 Riv
xxsupergman25xx
T Riley
Pearl Riv
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

Merit : 0

Pearl Riv's details Empty
PostSubject: New guy checking in   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 12:04 am

Hey guys what's up? As the subject says. My name is Juan. I live in the Central Florida area. I moved out here on a job transfer from Southern California over 4 years ago. I am a new guy checking in. What a cool site!

Thanks to one of your members that sent me a PM and invitation to this site from the Impala SS site.

I have a 1997 pearl white Riv. I've had this ride for something like 8 years. It is in mint condition inside and out. The only items that are a bit out of the ordinary are the after market wheels and an audio video system to die for.

Here are some pics. Check them out see for youself. I will post some more info later. Thanks everyone. Will post some more pics, answer questions, and update you guys (and gals ?) later. Thanks again.

Pearl Riv's details Rivrear

Pearl Riv's details RivIII

Pearl Riv's details ResizedDSC_0976

Pearl Riv's details Rivierainterior

Pearl Riv's details RivTrunk
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 am

Shits Weak rolleyes

DUDE THAT SYSTEM IS TO DIE for man im SOOOOOO jealous and im REALLY diggin the (BLADES)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 12:17 am

how many miles?
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 12:19 am

Juan, welcome aboard! Love the color combo... looks familiar. happy Wheels don't look half bad either.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 66

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 12:28 am

Hi Juan, glad you accepted the invite.

The dark tint with the white paint is amazing. Your interior is flawless too. Extremely nice overall!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
racinfan
Addict
racinfan

Name : Joe
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 am

That is the kind of car you think about when you think Florida...
Back to top Go down
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 6:07 am

xxsupergman25xx wrote:
how many miles?

Need t\o double check. If I recall correctly, right about 100,000. It drives and rides great!
Back to top Go down
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 6:12 am

Hey thanks everyone for the replies and friendly welcomes.

Racinfan - I suppose you are correct but I had it hooked up in California. My company shipped it out.

Jason - Thank you very much for the invite.

1998 Riv - Thanks for the thumbs up. I still have the stock chrome 17" wheels sitting in my garage. I like how the 20" wheels look on it as well.

I'll post some additional info later. Off to work I go...
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 6:48 am

Beautifully built. clap Very professional looking show car. Welcome to the family and I can't wait to hear and see more! happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 8:01 am

Welcome.
jax95riv wrote:
Beautifully built. clap Very professional looking show car. Welcome to the family and I can't wait to hear and see more! happy
That is a good looking Riv! thumbsup Very nice how you trimmed out the trunk! clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 9:53 am

very nice! and welcome to the club. its great to have another FL riv owner join up.

Back to top Go down
racinfan
Addict
racinfan

Name : Joe
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 11:35 am

Pearl Riv wrote:
...I still have the stock chrome 17" wheels sitting in my garage...

Sell the center caps and wheels, it is a lucrative market. wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 12:13 pm

i call caps if they are the 12 spoke design!

Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 1:27 pm

im not gonna lie...sum1 better put this guy up for Riv of the month...........if not Riv of the year...that thing is perfect lookin...IMO at least
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 2:21 pm

Very nice car thumbsup
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 3:34 pm

super clean man, I love it.. central florida huh? where abouts? i'm in pasco county
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Nice looking riv man love the trunk.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Okay folks I'm now back at my house checking messages and posts.

You know, it's hard keeping up with a few forums. Whew!

Okay I'll try to answer as many questions or comments as possible. We may need to start a different thread.

SpaceBar - Thanks for the props bro. I had the trunk and system hooked up at my homie's shop in La Puente California. I will post the details in a bit. I need time to catch up here.

RhinoFla - Yeup, Central Florida. I live in Port St. John which is next (south) to Titusville and just west of Kennedy Space Center. Where is Pasco county?

Oldsman105 - Thanks for the double thumbs up. Man you guys (and gals) are making me feel bad.

xxsupergman25xx - Riv of year. Again see message above. Thank you very much though. Wait till you hear the particulars on the system....

Mr. Riviera - Yes, they are the 12 spoke design but I don't want to sell just the caps. I'll sell the wheels, caps, and tires. Oh BTW.... the tires are in excellent shape Goodyear eagles I think. Paid a pretty penny for those before I changed my mind and slapped the 20" wheels on.

I thing there was some more comments but its not scrolling down. What the?

Okay so sit tight. I'll answer a few more questions then I'll be on to business. This is a cool site by the way. Thanks for sending me the link Jason.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 11:10 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Okay so, I purchased this car in 2000 or so. Funny how time flies isn't it?

Everything on this car is functional. From the heated seats, to automatic power mirrors that tilt downward when shifting in park, to the power antenna that is controlled by my kendwood DVD player. The antenna only goes up when the radio is switched on.

If the unit is switched to DVD, or changer mode, the antenna goes and stays in it's stowed position.

The car has an actual 5.1 DTS surround system installed. Notice the center channel speaker installed where the CD storage bins used to go. It has monitors in the headrests which were modified slightly to accomodate the screens. As most of you know, the Riviera seat design is such that a reinforcement bar went across the headrest. Result? Half of the headrest tucked into the seat. We couldn't have that now could we?

The system is powerd by 3 Rockford Fosgate amplifiers. One BD 1000.1 is driving the 3 JL Audio W3 woofers that are installed in a sealed plexiglass enclosure that is ported through the rear deck.

The mids and tweets are powerd by two Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amplifiers. I think they are both 600.4s. It's been a while since I've looked or driven this car. Mid and tweets... how many of you guys have heard or are familiar with Focal? Guys these tweets are amazing. They sound better than excellent. I've got 6X9s in the rear. a pair of mid range and mid bass speaker in the door panels and... the focal mid and tweets were installed in the left and right AC vents that are in the doors.

The drivers side has a speaker where the vent used to go. For the passenger side, we removed the temperature control. It sounds superb as the speakers are facing the front passengers!

The car is protected by a code alarm remote start alarm complete with moonroof close function, pop trunk, plus a few additional auxilary functions.

Those functions by the way are used to turn the purple and blue neon lights that are in the trunk. It was done very tastfully trust me. I am not a big fan of neon so I made extra sure of that.

The purple lights softly light up the BD 1000.0 and the ported box when looking from the outside into the trunk. The blue neon are on the inside of the box but are only visible as it softly lights up the ported portion as it routes through the rear deck and... a small plexiglass window that was added so that the rear seat passengers can look directly at the forward firing JL Audio woofers. As if I did not have enough bass, I added an Audio Control Epic 150 to my system for that extra kick. The system sounds amazing. System cost? Don't ask... I stopped counting after I hit $7,000.00 and we were no where near done.

Wheels... the car sports 20" Alba wheels. The wheel style are Berthas. The wheels are brand new not one nick or evidence of road rash are on the face of the wheels. Tires brand new 245/35/20 Khumos all the way around.

Performance basically nothing but a K&N air filter. The car runs great!

So there you have it folks. The details of the Riv. You guys are going to make me pull it out to take some more pics to post up.....

Pearl Riv's details Rivierainterior

Pearl Riv's details RivTrunk

Pearl Riv's details ResizedCMFPFM

Pearl Riv's details ResizedRivfwd
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 66

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 12:01 am

I propose this riviera for the next car of the month
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 12:04 am

nice setup.

but RF amps...ugh. I have nothing but problems with them.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 7:44 am

dreww wrote:
nice setup.

but RF amps...ugh. I have nothing but problems with them.

It really depends on what model RF amps you have. What model and year RF are you referring to? Do you have punch or power series amps? That's extremely important. The 05 and 06 models sucked some serious wind. I am hearing the 07 models are showing some promise we'll see.

Keep in mind I had this system built and installed something like 6 or so years ago. The BD 1000.1 is the dark gray color. The other amps that are powering my mids, highs, and mid basses are the old school square ones that came out about 10 years ago.

I have three more of these square ones powering my system in my Elco. They sound amazing.

If you really want to go old school I also have stored a punch 150, punch 75 and a 650 mosfet. What do you know about that? I just went back something like 20 plus years back.

As with big business in general RF owned and had the market cornered back in the old days. Since then they have lost their footing and lost a lot of market share and reputation.

Today other companies have emerged have fallen and so on. I have two JL Audio amps in Suburban. I'm happy with those. I have a Kicker in my truck. powering my 3 JL Audio 12's.... it sounds decent. Nothing to write home about. Would I run another Kicker amp some day? No.

I am familiar with and like what Xtant is doing. Old school US amps were the bomb. Since then they have been sold and moved out of Florida.

I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile exactly but somewhere between that and enthusiast is where my description falls.

At the moment, I am doing some homework and looking to build another system for my Impala SS. That is my next project.
Back to top Go down
Pearl Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 8:54 am

All right so this site motivated me to pull the Riv out yesterday and take some better updated pics. I took some better shots of the interior and audio components. I will make a new post on the Audio section. Here you go...

Pearl Riv's details ResizedDSC03430

Pearl Riv's details ResizedDSC03408

Pearl Riv's details ResizedDSC03410
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 9:57 am

nice! can we see some shots of the tvs in the "modified" head rests?
you car could be mines twin! except for the wheels and interior colors. have you considered chrome tips?
i also take it the riv is not you DD, but how have you been able to keep the corner lenses so clear?
have you gutted the air box with that k&n?

Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 10:04 am

Very nice looking. Look foward to seeing more interior pics.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pearl Riv's details   Pearl Riv's details Empty

Back to top Go down

Pearl Riv's details
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next