Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

Name : Jim
Merit : 0

Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. Empty
PostSubject: Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.   Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 pm

They charged me 120.00 to install it.I was hoping it would be a little cheaper but oh well.From what I've read, I should expect to lose torque? I was wondering why on some sited like ZZP it says 10hp gain?Is that all speculative and dependent on supporting mods or something?Seems like maybe I should gain some higher RPM HP, as it breaths better out the back.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.   Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Maybe a little low-end torque is lost, but that's what you want. If you gain 10 HP midband & up top, it's more useful power. You might not feel this in the seat, but a dyno run or 1/4 ET would show the increase.

The loss of torque is a result of less boost (more air flowing out of the engine). This helps lower KR, and could let you run a smaller pulley, but need to scan to know for sure. In the end, more air flow, not more low-end torque, lets the engine make more HP.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.   Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 pm

AA wrote:
Maybe a little low-end torque is lost, but that's what you want. If you gain 10 HP midband & up top, it's more useful power. You might not feel this in the seat, but a dyno run or 1/4 ET would show the increase.

The loss of torque is a result of less boost (more air flowing out of the engine). This helps lower KR, and could let you run a smaller pulley, but need to scan to know for sure. In the end, more air flow, not more low-end torque, lets the engine make more HP.
My goal is now to get the HP Tuner Suite. I spoke with Brian Turner at Intense, and he said that's what they use to tune.My current PCM was programmed at Intense.I had some concerns to whether they used DHP or not because there might be a conflict with using the HP Tuner later.Maybe I misunderstood something I read.I guess it shouldn't matter because they used the HP Tuner anyway.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.   Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:41 pm

INTENSE is a solid vendor. I've been using them since '03. They do use the HP Tuners exclusively, and Brian knows how to use it. I've known Brian since high school - he's a good guy who won't steer you wrong.

With the HP Tuners software, you'll be able to see how your engine performs, monitor KR & boost levels, and tweak the fuel delivery to create a few extra horsepower.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

PostSubject: Re: Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.   Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 pm

AA wrote:
INTENSE is a solid vendor. I've been using them since '03. They do use the HP Tuners exclusively, and Brian knows how to use it. I've known Brian since high school - he's a good guy who won't steer you wrong.

With the HP Tuners software, you'll be able to see how your engine performs, monitor KR & boost levels, and tweak the fuel delivery to create a few extra horsepower.
Thanks again Aaron,your advice and expertise is always appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.   Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Downpipe and highflo- cat installed today.
Page 1 of 1