Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Something wierd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

Something wierd Empty
PostSubject: Something wierd   Something wierd EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 1:52 pm

So I was driving down the street and my riv just shut down So I pulled over and parked, tried to restart it cranked but wouldnt start I waited like a few minutes tried again and it started, it happenes every once and awhilw what is causing this
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Something wierd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something wierd   Something wierd EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:08 pm

could be crank position sensor? Ignition switch? Control Module? When you say 'shut down' you'll have to describe in more detail. The engine stopped? Dash lights still on? Radio? Complete blackout? Would neutral restart it while you were still rolling?
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

Something wierd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something wierd   Something wierd EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:28 pm

motor shut down still have full power, sometimes I can get it started in neutreal others it takes some time
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

Something wierd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something wierd   Something wierd EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:50 pm

I would guess the ignition switch. But I would not replace it until the problem is diagnosed.

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Something wierd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something wierd   Something wierd Empty

Back to top Go down

Something wierd
Page 1 of 1