Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

removing the rear plastic panels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

removing the rear plastic panels Empty
PostSubject: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 9:53 pm

can someone please write a write-up on how to remove the rear plastic panels under the rear quarter glass? i'm trying to remove mine so i can get the inside cleaned up. i jus bought the car and it smells like mold.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:56 pm

I don't recall anyone here mentioning having done that before.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
I don't recall anyone here mentioning having done that before.
I've done it and I'm pretty sure Eric has just done it also, they have to be removed to get the quarter windows out. Mine are back together, except for my parts car, I'll look into it and see if I can get something up in the next few days.
Unless Eric beats me to it?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Basically you have to remove the rear seat and I think the doorsills. Somebody please comment. I have not done it in a long time.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 4:52 pm

albertj wrote:
Basically you have to remove the rear seat and I think the doorsills. Somebody please comment. I have not done it in a long time.

Albertj
Correct, I just looked real quick:

1) Rear Seat-bottom and back
2) Doorsills-remove trim piece, has tabs holding it in, remove screws holding sill in
3) There is also a screw behind the shoulder harness that holds the trim piece around the harness, that has to be removed to get the harness out of the panel
4) There are two push type pins that hold the panel in and two pins that are guide pins only. Just kind of pull it away from the side, hopefully your retaining pins should be reusable.
Good luck and have fun yay
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:55 pm

thanxs guys...imma try and get this done this weekend. the plastic clips im not worried about breaking, its the PLASTIC PANELS im concerned about. when removing the panels is it easier to jus pull off with your hands or can you fit body panel pliers in there? i ask, because the one i have are like regular pliars.

imma prolly get sum dynamat and coat the entire inside of the car..floor, sides, doors, and fire wall(if i can figure out how to remove the enitre dash.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 pm

'96reese wrote:
thanxs guys...imma try and get this done this weekend. the plastic clips im not worried about breaking, its the PLASTIC PANELS im concerned about. when removing the panels is it easier to jus pull off with your hands or can you fit body panel pliers in there? i ask, because the one i have are like regular pliars.

imma prolly get sum dynamat and coat the entire inside of the car..floor, sides, doors, and fire wall(if i can figure out how to remove the enitre dash.
As long as you are careful I don't think the panels will be a problem, they are pretty sturdy. By the time you would have room for the pliers the panels should be off.
That dynamat would add quite a bit of weight wouldn't it? Do you have a problem with noise? The dash can be removed pretty easily, I think there are a couple of write ups for it here somewhere?
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:29 pm

i dont know of any problems with the noise, because i jus bought it and it has no cat. so it was very loud when i drive it home. but the dynamate is going to be for noise, heat, cold, and subs.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:17 pm

'96reese wrote:
i dont know of any problems with the noise, because i jus bought it and it has no cat. so it was very loud when i drive it home. but the dynamate is going to be for noise, heat, cold, and subs.
I don't understand?!?!? headshot
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 pm

well im jus saying that if there is any forseen road noise then it will be avoid. i just bought another riv about a week ago for $500. when i started it up the exhaust was loud because the cat converter was cut off. plus i will be installing subs in the near future, so to prevent the car from rattling im goin to install dynamate. the dynamate will mostly be for the audio system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing the rear plastic panels   removing the rear plastic panels Empty

Back to top Go down

removing the rear plastic panels
Page 1 of 1