Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Shifter Plastic Clatter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orca
Amateur
Orca

Merit : 0

Shifter Plastic Clatter Empty
PostSubject: Shifter Plastic Clatter   Shifter Plastic Clatter EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 2:39 am

This may sound odd, but I was wondering if you guys had the same thing happen to you. Down by your shifter you may notice there are some plastic pieces that slide back and forth when you shift into gear. Mine slides forward and back when I slow down for a light and/or take off from one. I usually listen to talk radio, so it might be a little more pronounced with my car since I'm not jammin' out all the time.

Have you guys noticed this with your cars? If so, do you know of any way to keep it from making any noise?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Plastic Clatter   Shifter Plastic Clatter EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 2:51 am

No problems here. Your's must be broken. The good news is, you can likely pull it off any Riv out there unlike other interior parts that are colored.
Back to top Go down
NO 4 EVR
Addict
NO 4 EVR

Name : Troy
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Plastic Clatter   Shifter Plastic Clatter EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 3:57 pm

Hmm. Never heard that. You can get a better look in there by taking some things out. The large plastic piece that covers that area can be pulled out, at least mine did. Just held in by a bunch of cheap metal clips and some some stick stuff.
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Plastic Clatter   Shifter Plastic Clatter EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 6:19 pm

Mine stays in place also. Never had it making any noise besides when shifting.
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifter Plastic Clatter   Shifter Plastic Clatter Empty

Back to top Go down

Shifter Plastic Clatter
Page 1 of 1