Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load

Go down 
+55
Sir Psycho Sexy
joshuadalegrimes
bigdave
charlieRobinson
RivGuy
Lenrapkins
rivparadise
RidzRiv
sniperdude
RiverUPnGO
highwaywarrior
robotennis61
Brantea
LARRY70GS
dpmeeks
adri
Andysdorm
rk0ehn
Mikel
ZEP
Snowdog
Rickw
zombiesarebad
Chicken
Shintsu
dscott2000
1995 Riv
superchargedmoney
ibmoses
turtleman
cragmor
dreww
IBx1
ericde
TonySmooth89
T Riley
deekster_caddy
2toneRivi
BillBoost37
albertj
TType_Riviera
ewolfe0050
palermocorey90
oldsman105
jhodges
SpaceBar
Mr.Riviera
Jason
jax95riv
RIVhorsepwr
NO 4 EVR
AA
Brad95Riv
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
98riv

Merit : 30

FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 pm

I've decided to go with a transmission with 98k miles on it from a 99 Riviera for a little more money.
'll look it over and see how things look before installation. Hopefully it is in good shape! I've started a list of things to get off the car and I'll include your suggestions. The car it is coming from looks to be in better shape than the other one so hopefully it means they took better care of it

Merit : 30

FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 pm

I plan on installing a shift kit, 4th gear clutch hub repair kit https://tripleedgeperformance.com/online-store/ols/products/4t65e-4th-clutch-hub-repair-kit along with a new PCS solenoid. Is it worth replacing anything else while I'm in there? TCC solenoid?

Amateur
buck3647

Name : david pressler
Merit : -4

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 4:30 pm

Looking for driver door AC gasket if you find a wrecked driver door I need it

https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/19/94/24/58/driver10.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://www.safedomes.com
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 7:42 pm

albertj wrote:

... what you can do:

- get a fresh replacement set of OE wires. I think RockAuto.com will ship to you, check out their site. The Delphi or ACDelco wires are decent and will last you several years. if you want better go to http//www.magnecor.com and get a set of Magnecor wires, or to Summit Racing and get Taylor "Spiro-Pro" wires. I do not know if the Taylors will last as long as the Magnecors.
- get a complete set of coils for your car. A set of the coils intended for the supercharged cars will work whether car is supercharged or not. But set should not mix the SC and nonSC coils. You have a '96 series II. Cheapest way to do this new might be the OEM 5192 coils at about US$19.00 only each. They are copper in epoxy, should be fine. Also someone reading this may have a good set of coils taken off a SC car or can get to a junkyard - a set taken off an SC car would be 100% fine to use.

Finally - and this is just a hunch - check the wire harness connector at the firewall for breaks in the wires near where the terminals are crimped onto each wire, and same at the ignition module (the flat piece under the coils).

Albertj

Hi Albert.
I wondered if you could give me your opinion on these coils listed on eBay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/271923568811?epid=1140571950&hash=item3f4fe860ab:g:lekAAOSwGl5bUIWU&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkF30LTXndvKXJBM39e53LXF6WoEq%2Bkwvny1RjQRx%2Ft3fo4QppGQ5scU7NT5fX15za2d4DqLWrzyNK1YFECdIbBcjX2j%2FRNtK0cxCqmuBTvB3Kbyl0GudQX7Ea9YgUEpxNwdlP80EVrnlyN4lAUHsEgHtwNLvlDBP3iwRKdCrtp%2FHIf8TH8jiYP%2F%2FB7FzLRxRmQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-CQupLjYA

I have a source for OEM 5192 coils, but they are more expensive.

BTW, I had a shop look at my cruise issue and they said the stalk is dead. Getting a replacement soon.

Thanks in advance,
Sean
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 11:44 pm

No. I'd get the D576 Delcos for the SC Riv. Why not get a set of junkyard coils from a 3800 SC engine, while you can?

I am pretty sure you dont want the 5192's, either. They are for the NA engines.

really, just get on car-part.com or your regional pick-n-pulls and get a set of used SC coils...
Back to top Go down
denim
Junkie
denim

Name : Sean
Merit : 33

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 7:13 am

Albert,
If I have them pulled from another Riv, do you know what the resistance numbers are to check them for statically?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 10:22 pm

denim wrote:
Albert,
If I have them pulled from another Riv, do you know what the resistance numbers are to check them for statically?

I don't recall offhand, but I think it's only a couple ohms. I also think it's buried in the specs somewhere in the service manual. In an old post about coils I may have listed it, I dimly recall this topic coming up about a decade ago.

Albert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load   FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Hesitation, Stutter(Studder), Shudder, Stumbling, on Acceleration/Load
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17