Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Security Relay Clicking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StrictlyBusiness
Amateur

Name : Bone
Merit : 0

Security Relay Clicking Empty
PostSubject: Security Relay Clicking   Security Relay Clicking EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 pm

I just bought my 98 Riv and it has an aftermarket CD player in it and im pretty sure this is making the security relay trip out but after I turn off my car and open my door I can hear the relay clicking under the backseat, I have no idea why but it does. Does anybody have a solution to this??
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Security Relay Clicking   Security Relay Clicking EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Did you check on a factory wiring diagram and remove the rear seat in order to check that it is the security relay and not some other relay?

Did you pull the dash panels to see how the aftermarket radio is wired?

Your question is a good one but there are various ways that an aftermarket radio could be wired, and many more relays under the rear seat than one.

So you might make more prograssfaster by getting a FSM - EBay sellers often have them, they get them from recycling yards, dealers that are getting rid of them (GM has put the info on line for dealers) or individuals.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
DuckzRivi96
Amateur
DuckzRivi96

Name : CJ

PostSubject: Re: Security Relay Clicking   Security Relay Clicking EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 12:11 pm

this is crazy ...i jus started having the same problem with my 96 its doing the same thing your describing and now my car wont even start ive taken the cd player out and it still wont start , when i turn the ignition i hear it click but nothing happens ..
Back to top Go down
DuckzRivi96
Amateur
DuckzRivi96

Name : CJ

PostSubject: Re: Security Relay Clicking   Security Relay Clicking EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 12:14 pm

as for the relay in mine was the DAB Accessory i dont kno if thats the same one as yours if you could find out the solution might help both of us,
Back to top Go down
StrictlyBusiness
Amateur

Name : Bone

PostSubject: Re: Security Relay Clicking   Security Relay Clicking EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Well If I turn on the windsheild wipers and leave them on then turn the car of it doesnt happen, which yes i know is strange but the only solution i have found out so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Security Relay Clicking   Security Relay Clicking Empty

Back to top Go down

Security Relay Clicking
Page 1 of 1