Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ssei turbo
Rookie
ssei turbo

Name : Noel Lidster
Merit : 0

clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... Empty
PostSubject: clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....   clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:48 pm

well as the title says, sometimes when i start the car, while it's idling i'll occasionally hear this "clicking noise" , kinda like a relay click. at the same time of the click the engine does a little shutter.. after a while it'll run smooth, but over the past week or so it seems to have gotten a little worse.. anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? i said it sounds like it's coming from the dash, but it seems loudest around the shifter console.. make any sense? thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this..
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....   clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Check your battery cables at the battery and check the positive/negative connections under the hood and verify nothings loose or corroded. Especially the cables at the battery. Remove them and inspect closely. Peel the rubber insulators back away from the cable end so you can verify condition.

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....   clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Possible ignition switch?
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....   clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:07 pm

I second what Derek said but definitely check the normal culprits like battery, connections and whatnot (as Bert suggested). Your symptoms sound similar to what it sounded like on my Regal when the ignition switch went south though.

GL
Back to top Go down
ssei turbo
Rookie
ssei turbo

Name : Noel Lidster
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....   clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 am

cool, i'll start off by checking the battery connections and the connections under the hood. i'll post again when i get it done. thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....   clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies.... Empty

Back to top Go down

clicking noise around dash.... then almost dies....
Page 1 of 1