Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Replacing Bulb under the shifter???

Go down 
+2
Rickw
ghost88
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost88
Enthusiast

Name : Abe
Merit : 6

Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? Empty
PostSubject: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Instead of doing the door panel lights i ended up doing the entire interior white LED and only the floor and ashtray green which leaves me with a couple extra bulbs. My shifter light is out and was wondering how do i gain access to it? I tried prying but i heard a crack so i stopped lol Anybody????
Back to top Go down
ghost88
Enthusiast

Name : Abe
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:42 pm

anybody????
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Hey Ghost, is this thread complete?
Were you successful?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Are all the interior bulbs the same in our Rivs? Is there a one size fits all LED that will swap in?
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Charlie, I believe all interior bulbs are the same when it comes to the bulb's base (aka, a 194 bulb will fit into all interior sockets of the Riv, as will 161 and 168 iirc) but they do differ in number. The number is different because different numbers indicate different wattage levels and levels of brightness (194 is highest iirc). I replaced all interior LEDs around 2 years ago with ones from Super Bright LEDs online and all of them still work like new. Check this page out. Mine are the ones at the very top of the product list: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/miniature-wedge-base/filter/Cross_Reference_Number,WLED,21,201:
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Most but not all the interior bulbs are 168 or 194. By the way the 168 is higher wattage. As a rule 168s are used in lamps you need to see by (front footwells) and 194s are used in lamps you look at (instrument panel lighting).

You may want to get LED lighting with different beam patterns for different uses. Like if you need most light out the tops or out the sides.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing Bulb under the shifter???   Replacing Bulb under the shifter??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Replacing Bulb under the shifter???
Page 1 of 1