Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer

Go down 
+2
AA
SoCal Riv
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SoCal Riv
Enthusiast
SoCal Riv

Merit : 0

Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer Empty
PostSubject: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 1:47 am

Two of the rarely ordered factory options were the CD Changer and OnStar. OnStar was available from 1998—1999.

Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer Phone
^The handset for the factory Onstar mobile phone was from the era of transportables with this style being used in several high-end luxury automobiles.

Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer Phone-Mount
^Mounting equipment for the OnStar unit was fastened directly to the outside of the center console.

Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer Handsfree
^The handsfree microphone was routed along the A pillar, and above the roof lining, exiting out of the front overhead light, and Homelink console.

Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer Trunk-Black-Box
^Factory CD changer located in an add-on black housing affixed to the rear seat bracing.

If anyone has any further clarification (i.e. when was the CD Changer available) on any of the above, please do not hesitate to post it so that we can better represent the facts. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 9:24 am

I had the OnStar option installed in my '98. There was a module installed behind a plastic cover where the CD changer is shown in the pics. I have the microphone in my car, but no mobile phone on the console. I've never subscribed to the OnStar service.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
SoCal Riv
Enthusiast
SoCal Riv

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 2:46 pm

AA wrote:
I had the OnStar option installed in my '98. There was a module installed behind a plastic cover where the CD changer is shown in the pics. I have the microphone in my car, but no mobile phone on the console. I've never subscribed to the OnStar service.
Did you save all the pieces? Such a rarity makes your Riviera all the more valuable.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 2:49 pm

Yes, still have the module and cover. I left the mic installed.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

wasn't the onstar a dealer installed thing? or did it come from the factory?

Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
wasn't the onstar a dealer installed thing? or did it come from the factory?

judging by the fit and finish of the onstar components, it looks like it was dealer intalled...
Back to top Go down
SilverArrow102
SilverArrow102

Name : John
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptyTue Apr 03, 2007 8:54 pm

OnStar was a dealer installed option on the Rivs.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kc.rr.com/mirage/
¤DoughBoy¤
Enthusiast
¤DoughBoy¤

Name : D.J.

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 1:45 am

I want onstar on my car so bad.......can it be installed on a 95 or it has to be 99 and up?
Back to top Go down
SilverArrow102
SilverArrow102

Name : John
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 9:46 am

Had the option on my 97 so it's definitely not restricted to 99 and up.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kc.rr.com/mirage/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer   Cd changer - Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer Empty

Back to top Go down

Factory Options: OnStar and CD Changer
Page 1 of 1