Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Andysdorm's RACERA Riv

Go down 
+9
SpaceBar
oldsman105
jax95riv
T Riley
jdanna
Mr.Riviera
AA
1998 Riv
Andysdorm
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 2:52 pm

sharp! i swear Andy, every time you take new pics it looks like a different shade of green smile i wish i could see it in person.

ya know it wouldn't take much to mod your's to beat the Tahoe wink

Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Looks great! That car needs chrome rims . smile
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 3:38 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
sharp! i swear Andy, every time you take new pics it looks like a different shade of green smile i wish i could see it in person.

I should let everyone know that the green that appears in my sig has been photoshoped to try to match the background.

It's true though, different light reacts differently to the paint. The piant shop used double the amount of metallic flake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 3:41 pm

I haven't took the time to look around the site for mod projects, and I'm not the mech guy in the family. I saw the mod about the shorter SC belt. I'd be looking for something simple to start. The airbox is already "gutted" cause it's a 95 and there was none to gut smile
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 3:56 pm

newest pic: washed/waxed and fast

The Mall shot
Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 Andyspics494

How do I fix this?
Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 Andyspics498
it's right where the water streams down from the trunk.

Last edited by on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 6:11 pm

I've got the same mark and every Riv I have seen has it too. I'm guessing you just have to buy a new one. ;(
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 9:27 pm

I guess it's just the wear and tear of years of water trickling over that area.

I did see a Riv without the marks but the guy must have a garage
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 10:18 pm

None of mine have it, even the '95 with 202K miles on it? And it has probably sat out in the open most, if not all of its life? dunno
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 10:36 pm

I've got spots like that on my 98. I think those taillight bezels are chrome plated plastic and when they get like that, the chrome coating
is going. Love that acid rain. mad
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 12:56 am

no marks on mine and it's been outside most of its life. dunno
actualy come to think of it, i have never seen those hard water spots before on a riv. but then again i dont see many up close.
what cleaners have you used? brasso? rainx? clay bar? 0000 steel wool? always clean using the least abrasive method first and go up. try clay first, then brasso and i bet that will work wink

Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 9:08 am

I think I just need to get the chrome redone there. The rain has 'wahsed' away the chrome finish. I only washed that area with the whole car. Rinsed and dried with micro fiber cloth.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:34 am

Andysdorm wrote:
Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 671386_94_full

Truly a diamond in the rough.

Just wondering, how did you come up with the name Racera?
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:38 pm

IBx1 wrote:

Truly a diamond in the rough.

Just wondering, how did you come up with the name Racera?

It came to me in a dream. I dreamt that Buick was introducing a new model to the market and it was called the Racera pronounced ray-sear-ah as not to ellude to anything racing. It was just the flow of the name that stuck with me until I woke up.

Unlike the Riviera, the vehicle in the dream was actually a truck. It was a retro-styled truck with the front of a Buick Special but look much like the Hidden Valley Ranch truck lol The cascading half-wall that created it's showroom area had the name spelled out with thin streamlined letters; kinda like Terminator font. It was not an intimindating truck but it was more of a niche vehicle like Chevy's SSR but not meant to be super fast. I've heard in dreams you cannot read text. This was just an unusual occurence soo I took it for all it was worth.

The name was attached to my Riviera the day it was painted. The goal was to pick a color that was a bit more sporty than what the Riv's paint codes offered but I also wanted it muted and not acidic like some greens I've seen. By painting the car, I had givin it a boost into the year 2002( it is more often than not mistaked for 2002 model year).

According to my thought process on my cardomain site, any Buick can become a Racera by just altering it visually to bring it into current times. The body speaks of no specific time but the colors do. Together we were unstopable.

It's funny now how just the name Racera, for those in the know, will inspire thoughts of a minty green Riviera in Massachusetts. Others have tried as seen on cardomain, but none have come close to the sheer luck of finding a bright green color that looks suitable to the model as if it were factory.

Last edited by Andysdorm on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Nice. I get a lot of car designs from dreams too. Thanks for the explanation!
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:58 pm

This is a good time to remind all of you that this car is currently on sale and is primarilly offered to you as rivperformance members. I cannot stand thinking it sold to a high schooler for their first car. There is too much power, beauty, and rarity to have it subject to that.

Considering the changes, maintenance/repairs, and usage I set the price at $4,000 o.b.o.

-Series 1 SC engine
-Light Kiwi Pearl Clearcoat w/ Jade leather seats incl. ventiport accents
-153k miles, bought it with 145k miles from pervious owner. She was a woman driver and commuted from the tip of NH to Worcester,MA everyday. This mean of the 4 years under my ownership I had only put on around 8k miles.
-Car was never driven to the city. Was used only on weekends when I was in college (2002-2006)
-New complete brakes and lines
-lifetime warranty on what I believe is the radiator tank. The unit behind the actual radiator.
-Newer Fuzion HRi tires which are rated at all-season/performance and are thick so they look great with the car.
-Painted in 2005 for a 10th Anniversary gift to the car. Paint remains beautiful but has a few nicks here and there. I do try to park at the end of the lot but life happens.

I can be contacted by PM if you would like any further information about the car or it's features.

And I do plan on owning another Riviera in the future but my current parking allotment does not allow me to keep 3 cars. I am reluctantly looking for a 2000+ model year vehicle that would be a nice replacement for my Riv, for the time being.

I'm hoping it can go to a nice home. I know a lot of you on here are far better mechanics than I will ever be and will keep her in presitine condition until she dies of a ripe old age.

Currently serviced and runs like new, inspected and all. I am going to have the belts replaced but other than that our family mechanic wonders why I'd want to give her up. "You'll never find another green car like that". "Engine sounds good, what ever you are doing, keep do it."

Any interest, shoot me a PM.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:40 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ......... well you gotta do what you gotta do man!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:14 pm

I can see how some poeple can become those folks that have their yards full of cars. If I had my own place this would be with me forever.

I'd have to eventually put wood siding and handles on the exterior and have the interior done up in pleated satin cause I planned on getting burried with this car. lol
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Haha, I'm such a car guy I've considered something like that too! I'd buy a '68 RS/SS Camaro and take it to the grave with me! I'll find eternal bliss just fine in that driver's seat!
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:27 pm

nooooo you cant sell it, we need to be custom painted rivs on hear
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 8:59 am

palermocorey90 wrote:
nooooo you cant sell it, we need to be custom painted rivs on hear

Oh, there wil be. Once I get a place in a year or two my second Riv won't be too far behind.

I'd hate to tell you the color I had in mind fearing the thought of it might skew you into another direction to what it would actually look like.

The only real clue is that it will be a much sportier color than my current Riv. Finding the right hue is going to be the hard part.

And another item would have to be darkened headlights, I don't know how to open up the light to get at the biezels but with this new color they would look better darker.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 11:47 am

I'm sure whoever buys the Racera will become a member here. The Racera will live on, she will not leave us!. Best of luck with the sale, Andy.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:49 pm

You know what, when you make the sale make sure they join us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andysdorm's RACERA Riv   Andysdorm's RACERA Riv - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andysdorm's RACERA Riv
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: