Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

S/C base gasket?

Go down 
+2
deekster_caddy
Pat_Czuba
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat_Czuba
Amateur

Name : Patrick Czuba
Merit : 0

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Is there such a thing for the 95's? I was asked to grab one at NAPA AutoParts but they didn't have any listings?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:20 pm

It might be part of an intake manifold gasket set, and not available separately. Otherwise you'd probably have to order one from the dealer or monsterpartsonline.com (discount online GM parts dealer), but either way won't be a quick pickup...
Back to top Go down
Pat_Czuba
Amateur

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks! My friend asked me because this weekend we are taking the super charger off and replacing the coupler because i just bought the kit... Also i'm going to clean / paint the supercharger and i guess my buddy was saying that i should look to see if i could get one incase whatever gaskets do... (leak?) Im still new to this we just don't want to run into any problems this weekend..
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Pat_Czuba wrote:
Thanks! My friend asked me because this weekend we are taking the super charger off and replacing the coupler because i just bought the kit... Also i'm going to clean / paint the supercharger and i guess my buddy was saying that i should look to see if i could get one incase whatever gaskets do... (leak?) Im still new to this we just don't want to run into any problems this weekend..

If you are taking the S/C off, you'll definitely want a new gasket. The old one will probably tear when you take it apart.
Back to top Go down
Pat_Czuba
Amateur

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Thought so... so you would suggest to me that i buy the kit u ur talking about?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm not positive that the kit contains the gasket that you need... but usually an "intake manifold gasket set" contains everything necessary from the intake upwards, which should include the S/C gasket if the application is correct.
Back to top Go down
Pat_Czuba
Amateur

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Alright, i'm gunna call a few more stores... thanks bud!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:50 pm

The intake kit from Fel-Pro only has the LIM gasket and some other small stuff. It does not include the SC gasket, that's separate.
I would specifically ask when calling for gasket kits, what's included and more importantly what's not included.
Back to top Go down
Pat_Czuba
Amateur

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:53 pm

I just caught the GM dealership in town before 5 and they said they had one in stock i can pick it up tomorrow morning... they said they ONLY found the base gasket.... lucky me! I definitely didn't want this to be postponed..... I'm also getting all the stuff in my signature done this weekend minus the rims... a little pre-emptive but i'm very exited about it
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Don't forget the SC gasket O-Rings in case they are not sold with the gasket.
Back to top Go down
Pat_Czuba
Amateur

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:00 pm

I will rememmber to ask that when i pop in tomorrow, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Good Luck and have some fun doing it.
Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:59 am

the sc gasket is called the upper intake gasket and comes separate than the lim gasket. this upper kit (felpro) comes with the 2 yellow water jacket o rings
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 am

woggy wrote:
the sc gasket is called the upper intake gasket and comes separate than the lim gasket. this upper kit (felpro) comes with the 2 yellow water jacket o rings

thanks for fixing up my info Rickw and woggy!
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Yes the Fel-pro kit comes with the UIM gasket and the two O-rings...I just bought one Tuesday when I did my coupler. Part # MS95741 in case you need it.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:26 am

Tell them Upper intake plenum.. it will show up..
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Sponsored content

S/C base gasket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: S/C base gasket?   S/C base gasket? Empty

Back to top Go down

S/C base gasket?
Page 1 of 1