Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

no heat?

Go down 
+7
99Rivman
SuperRiv07
albertj
ricos20002
deekster_caddy
TType_Riviera
L67
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ricos20002

Name : Robert
Merit : 1

no heat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no heat?   no heat? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Ok its about to get cold again and I don't want to go though another winter with out heat. So today I tore apart the car, I pulled the heater core out, I watched all the doors move back and forth, and watched the defrost motor too. Also thought the core might be plugged up, so I flushed it out with the hose. I put everything back together. I let the car warm up, turn the heat on, and I got heat!!! About 3 hours latter I went to the store, and now its not working, What could the problem be????
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

no heat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no heat?   no heat? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:03 pm

What did you use for your power supply when checking all the actuators. The car battery, or another 12volt source.?
My first inclination would be to test all the blend door actuators, one at a time, and see if they are rotating correctly. (The actuators operate on 5 volts, I believe, Will have to check manual)
Sometimes trying to operate them with the cars system at anything less than 12v can cause a problem and also if one or more of them aren't indexed properly it would cause a problem, such as the one discussed.
There is a write up on here that someone recently made with pic's that show the internals of these actuators and how to index them properly.

Also, what temp is your coolant running at and what temp thermostat do you have installed. Have you ruled out the radiator being partially clogged and your thermostat operating properly.???

Last edited by Rickw on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ricos20002

Name : Robert
Merit : 1

no heat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no heat?   no heat? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:11 pm

No I used the HVAC controls to run though the temp and all the modes, I'm running a 180* stat, and I had the radiator reamed out about a year ago. I'm thinking its ether water pump prop, or theres an air pocket that I cant get out, I've tried burping it several times.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

no heat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no heat?   no heat? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Sorry, I do not have the wiring diagram for the 1995
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

no heat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: no heat?   no heat? - Page 2 Empty