Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera

Go down 
+4
robotennis61
74vert
8 posters
AuthorMessage
74vert
Special

Name : 95 Riviera
Merit : 0

PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello. I think I found the site that I need to reside. I was sent here from the BuickForums.com.

Here's my problem that I posted on the BuickForums.com

My Riviera was and still is running like crap; stalls, bucks, idles rough, and gets bad gas mileage.

I took it to a garage have it fixed. Short story, the mechanic indicates that my computer
is good, but I need a new PROM.

After some searching, I've determined that my ECM service number is 16183247, and the broadcast code for my PROM is BKZS. I understand that a prom can be "flashed" if the Bin File is known.

Does anyone know where I can get a PROM for my car or the Bin File to have one flashed?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:43 pm

www.gmtuners.com he can do anything you need done.
you can use me as a referal, my name is prince albert
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi Brad, Welcome to the site!

Try car-part.com to find a used PCM replacement. Otherwise if you are looking for a custom flash I'd go with robo's recommendation. I have no experience with them.
Back to top Go down
74vert
Special

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:55 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
www.gmtuners.com he can do anything you need done.
you can use me as a referal, my name is prince albert

Thanks, I'll contact them.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 pm

you got it buddy
Back to top Go down
74vert
Special

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:03 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Hi Brad, Welcome to the site!

Try car-part.com to find a used PCM replacement. Otherwise if you are looking for a custom flash I'd go with robo's recommendation. I have no experience with them.

Thanks. I'll check that out too.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:56 am

Yeah, the 95's an oddball, not simple to do anything with, especially tuning and PCM stuff..

Both referrals were good, but I would lean towards GMtuners, I've never heard anything but amazing things about them.

Special

PostSubject: Cool, I'm making some progress   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Worked with gmtuners and they seem to know their stuff. I was able to buy a mem-cal adapter board from them. It installed between my old prom and the computer board. Now my mechanics computer with communicate with the car. Sounds good right. Well, now the car's sending a P1670 code, quad driver module 4 failure. Does anyone know what this code means and what is a quad driver module 4 failure?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm

There are multiple Quad drivers in the PCM itself.
As the name suggests they are a set of 4 electronic switches. You will need to find out if it is a PCM fault or the actual system in the car that is reporting the fault. P1670?
If you worked with gmtuners and they know their shit, then they can tell what is wrong, through some relatively simple diagnosis.
Or if you have a 1995 FSM it will explain the fault in more detail and give you a troubleshooting guide to determine if it's the PCM or a control circuit involved with P1670.
If you are more interested in the definition of Quad Drivers, try going to Wikipedia and plugging in Quad Drivers. It may give you some info that will be helpful.
To properly diagnose the problem you will need the FSM, Alldata or Mitchell OnDemand.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Someone on here recently got the factory set of manuals on Ebay motors for less than $20.00.
Doesn't happen everyday but it does happen and they are most valuable when trying to diagnose problems such as what you are going through right now.
Try wickipedia if you haven't already for Quad Driver.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Doesn't this sound like the 'broken wire in the firewall connector' problem? The top left wire? Or am I confusing this with something else?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
74vert
Special

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm pretty much old school when it comes to autos. I'll get in touch with gmtuners Tuesday, and see what they come back with. I'm pretty happy that at least I know the board I bought seems to communicate with the mechanics computer.
Thanks guys. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 pm

My Photobucket account has been compromised and shut down otherwise i could send a diagram of the QDM#4 Fault.
Albert, it doesn't appear to be related to the firewall connector harness issue.
QDM #4 Fault involve one or more of these. Generally you'll find one that then triggers the Quad Driver Fault. (These are the 4 circuits that are driven by the Quad driver in the PCM that will give a P1670..For the 1995 Riv.
1. A/C Relay
2. MIL Light
3. Fan 1 Low Speed
4. Fan 2 high Speed

These are components / systems that should be tested to see if any one of these has gone bad.

Series/parallel cooling fan relay
Low speed fan relay
high speed fan relay
10 Amp cooling fan fuse
15 Amp MIL Fuse
10 Amp HVAC Cont. Fuse

It makes much more sense with the FSM and/or a Diagram.
Obviously the MIL circuit is part of the driver so it can report the problem and is generally not the problem.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 pm

GM Tuners/Sinister is still in operation yeah?
I'm tired of trying to bypass or make sense of my insane vats goosechase. I think it's time to just send em my pcm for flash/delete of the vats. Goodbye oh-so-very-HELPFUL security bs that is vats. 6 months later and maybe now I'll have my car back. Oye Vey!! crazy
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:43 am

I just had a short email conversation with Ryan at Sinister not long ago. He should be able to take care of you. Might as well have him give you a good 'stock' modified tune, it wont cost any more than having the security disabled.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 5:00 pm

I was just considering that. What all is involved in the "stock" modified tune?
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 5:05 pm

He'll probably adjust timing, i would ask him to adjust your fans for a 180 degree thermoatat if tou have one installed. Probably adjust the MAF sensor to give better fuel curve. It all adds up! It will add a good bit of pep in the ol girl's step.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 5:11 pm

And here I was considering asking for more fuel efficiency...Ha! I've got all the usual basic rivvy mechanical 'upgrades' so I'll probably follow suit with the prom, thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera   PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

PROM and or Bin file for 95 Riviera
Page 1 of 1