Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

custom gauge pod - console

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

custom gauge pod - console Empty
PostSubject: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 6:47 am

a member from regalgs I believe had some photos on his cardomain of his custom gauge install into the console where the CD or cassette holder thing is....but he wasn't done with it (I dont know if he ever completed it)

has anyone done this? I was gonna wait, but Im gonna need a transmission temp gauge soon andI may speed this project up on the project list. Im thinking probably 2 (2 1/16) gauge slots. would these be fiberglass? any ideas?

BTW, I have cassette slots and no cassette player so its wasted space anyways.
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 9:49 am

Another cassette holder club member! Woo-Hoo banana

hehe...still trying to figure out what to do with mine neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 1:12 am

jax95riv wrote:
Another cassette holder club member! Woo-Hoo banana

hehe...still trying to figure out what to do with mine neutral

i was planning either 2 or 3 gauges:
2 would be: aeroforce scangauge (has transmission temp) and oil pressure
3 would be: aeroforce scangauge/oil pressure/oil temp.

I chose those since oil pressure and oil temp are not tracked by scanning and the aeroforce gauge wouldnt pick those up anyways and I know they are important gauges (especially oil pressure). I also only need the transmission temp scanning when im racing or towing so being able to switch that option on and off with the aeroforce sounds good.

should I replace the oil temp with a fuel pressure gauge? Which is more adventageous when dragging. and how high is our max oil pressure? I ask cause I seem some gauges go to 100psi and others go higher. Our cars dont go over 100psi oil pressure do they? I see gauges up to 150psi and 200psi also.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 66

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 6:56 am

I think you mean regalgs user lukedogg. His gauge holder looked very nice. We should get him over here if he isn't already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 11:53 pm

Jason wrote:
I think you mean regalgs user lukedogg. His gauge holder looked very nice. We should get him over here if he isn't already.

no, thats not it (this guys wasnt actually completed). but that is the right location. I think I found what I can use:
http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Subgroup=Generic_DIN

Thats a start but dont know how I will attach it. Guess I will get the parts and start experimenting.
Back to top Go down
steel2040

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 9:51 pm

i would of just made one cut the back side out of your tape thing for a clean line and then just a piece of plastic which you could by at home depot cut the three holes out with a dremel and then appoxied the piece to the back side of your ass tray/ tape housing which you cut out. But thats just me the cheep/ best lookin way.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Maybe this is the one you saw?
custom gauge pod - console 2131502_14custom gauge pod - console 2131502_15custom gauge pod - console 2131502_16
silveradossz71 is the members name on CarDomain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 11:23 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Maybe this is the one you saw?
custom gauge pod - console 2131502_14custom gauge pod - console 2131502_15custom gauge pod - console 2131502_16
silveradossz71 is the members name on CarDomain.

yes, thats the one. but he looks like his is where the ashtray goes...mine is gonna be the slot underneath it.

I figured out the gauges im going with. oil pressure (mech), aeroforce and then fuel pressure (elec). the damn fuel pressure gauge is almost $200, jeez. and we all know the aeroforces aint cheap. but its functional and those parameters are important to know.

the best part is,...if/when I decide to go with nitrous. I can take out the ashtray and leave the flip cover. Then just flip it up to reveal a nitrous switch and nitrous gauge. muahahaha!

well, thats the plan anyways.

BTW, I think I'll do a writeup. these gauges aint the easiest to install, but nothing rocket scientist either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: custom gauge pod - console   custom gauge pod - console Empty

Back to top Go down

custom gauge pod - console
Page 1 of 1