Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

AE enrichment settings?

Go down 
+2
Abaddon
Mr.Riviera
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

AE enrichment settings? Empty
PostSubject: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 pm

What is everyone setting their AE enrichment tables at? on my 96 there is only 1 column and it is set way lower than any other bin i've seen. i dont know if this is just a riv thing or a 96 thing or just my bin...

What is the purpose of the ae enrichment? To kill KR with fuel right? like at shift points?
i dont have a snapshot of my table (maybe Devin can take one and post it if needed) all others i have seen go from 85% at 20tps to 150% at WOT. mine goes from 15% to a max of 35% at WOT IIRC

Devin added some timing back to my car last night and as expected i saw ~4*KR at 100mph 6* at 105. pretty much nothing below 90mph and the air temp was 65*.

I also am trying to mess with shift points some to make use of the rockers (still at 5500rpm/46mph for 1-2 lol ) but that is another topic...

TIA,
Matthew

Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 am

bump...

Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 am

scratch by AE you mean the speed density system? Just want to make sure exactly what u mean before I yack it up......
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 am

i dont think it is the speed density system, but IDK.
the dhp powrtuner has a adjustment settings for "AE" like it does for "PE" (performance enrichment) i dont know what AE stands for.
from what i understand, when the pcm detects KR one of the ways it combats this is to throw in more fuel to essentially drown and cool the cyl. it does this through the AE table which shows % of fuel increase.

Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 am

I think it has something to do with speed density and fuel, all of which control fuel and spark (DHP just names it differently). I believe the table it is based on is the fuel trim. All the computer does is calculate spark and fuel based on mathematic algorithms formed by the info of all sensors necessary. If your current % is low, it means your engine is running good and doesn't require a "flooding" to compensate for knock....all of which is based on average ambient air temp and barometric pressures (MAP sensor). If you disconnect your battery and let the system "reset", your tables would more than likely be higher than they are now, but over time would make their way back down to a lower %. I'd play with the tables a bit (increase) and see if you can't get some more fuel along with some spark advance. Find a good medium where the comp still has enough room to adjust for KR but also enough for the advance.
Back to top Go down
BrianEsser
Enthusiast
BrianEsser

Name : Brian Esser
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 am

AE stands for Acceleration Enrichments. .

Not sure about the software you are using, but when I used to tune custom MS setups, We really had to take into consideration what the vehicle was being used for, a AE for say your typical DD is different than what you would tune in for a strip/weekend car.

This is taken directly from the MS site.

"One of the reasons that there isn't a "magic formula" for accel tuning is that it really is a "feel" and "driving style" sort of thing. And it depends critically on your state of tune for the VE table, warm-up enrichments, manifolds, idle and cruise speed and AFR, TBI vs. port, injector flow rate, and a million other things.

In a nutshell, too much accel enrichment produces a sluggish throttle, too little accel enrichment produces backfires in the intake manifold.

The best way to get a rough accel tune is to "blip" the throttle with no load (at different rates, but you have to guess which bin was active), and adjust the accel bins for the best throttle response (and this will also depend on the decel amount).

The more rapidly you can get the engine to rev and recover, the better your accel/decel enrichments. If they are really tuned in, you should be able to rev the engine repeatedly, with the engine responding 'crisply' every time."

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm

So you can see that you can't really compare your AE tables to someone elses, as each car, each engine is different. You need to tune it for what feels best to you. You should also get the VE (not sure if your tuning software calls it that) tuned in before tuning in your AE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianesser.com
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

VE and PE are all set. the car runs fine. i was just hoping to eliminate shift KR by increasing the fuel % in the AE table. i guess i will play around with it some and go from there. thanks guys. for anyone with access to their bin, would you mine looking at your settings? what does a 1.5bin from a vendor set it to?

Back to top Go down
Its a car part now

Name : Michael
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:42 pm

AE is used when there are quick changes in throttle position, the faster the change the more fuel the table adds. Some of the fuel sticks to the intake when it is sprayed, but some of the fuel that stuck earlier will also go into the chamber, so in a stead cruise(or constant acceleration) it cancels out. when you hit the throttle quickly more sticks then comes of the intake sides, so the motor leans, AE adds extra fuel during rapid throttle moment to compensate for the fuel sticking to the manifold. There is another table that does the opposite for when the throttle closes quickly.

The megasquirt website Brian quoted does a good job of explaining it.

It won't help the shift KR unless it happens when throttle is first applied, if it does happen on throttle change, then the leaning from fuel clinging to the wall was probably the problem.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Its a car part now wrote:
AE is used when there are quick changes in throttle position, the faster the change the more fuel the table adds. Some of the fuel sticks to the intake when it is sprayed, but some of the fuel that stuck earlier will also go into the chamber, so in a stead cruise(or constant acceleration) it cancels out. when you hit the throttle quickly more sticks then comes of the intake sides, so the motor leans, AE adds extra fuel during rapid throttle moment to compensate for the fuel sticking to the manifold. There is another table that does the opposite for when the throttle closes quickly.

The megasquirt website Brian quoted does a good job of explaining it.

It won't help the shift KR unless it happens when throttle is first applied, if it does happen on throttle change, then the leaning from fuel clinging to the wall was probably the problem.

hence.....short term fuel trim.......
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
VE and PE are all set. the car runs fine. i was just hoping to eliminate shift KR by increasing the fuel % in the AE table. i guess i will play around with it some and go from there. thanks guys. for anyone with access to their bin, would you mine looking at your settings? what does a 1.5bin from a vendor set it to?

Don't know about the 1.5 bin, but Intenses basic tune leaves AE alone.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 pm

AE is kind of like the accelerator pump on a carb. Unless you have a really really wild motor, stock AE settings should be sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AE enrichment settings?   AE enrichment settings? Empty

Back to top Go down

AE enrichment settings?
Page 1 of 1