Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

DHP Tuning Software

Go down 
+9
98riv
97 park ave
Abaddon
norsky86
sdconcepts
Rickw
deekster_caddy
L67
dreww
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

DHP Tuning Software Empty
PostSubject: DHP tuner and other PCM's   DHP Tuning Software EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 pm

I bought my tuner from DHP, it was "custom" for the 96 riv.

since I gotta replace my PCM for my trans install, Im wondering if the DHP tuner will work on the new PCM? My pcm will have to be from a 97-99.

If it will work, how do I "unlock" the tuner to work on the later year PCM's?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:39 pm

dreww wrote:
I bought my tuner from DHP, it was "custom" for the 96 riv.

since I gotta replace my PCM for my trans install, Im wondering if the DHP tuner will work on the new PCM? My pcm will have to be from a 97-99.

If it will work, how do I "unlock" the tuner to work on the later year PCM's?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure the tuner was only for 96 Rivs or was it the .bin? The only correlation between DHP and the '96s i know of is that DHP is the only tuner that works for us, and HPTuners cannot be used. DHP will work with the later year cars, and I am pretty sure that they unlocked all of their tuners before they went out of business.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:42 am

As far as I know, all DHP tuners work on '98-'02 3800 PCMs, and many even newer. I believe you may have needed something 'extra' to work with the '96 but otherwise you should be all set for tuning any other '98-'02 PCM.
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm

the tuner did come with a 96 bin already uploaded, but I haven't tried using the tuner on any other car.

I guess I will just have to wait and see. would hate being out another half grand just for a tuner which I already have!
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:27 pm

dreww wrote:
the tuner did come with a 96 bin already uploaded, but I haven't tried using the tuner on any other car.

I guess I will just have to wait and see. would hate being out another half grand just for a tuner which I already have!
Can't you find out by going to the DHP board and ask?
I don't know how all that works but I thought there was still a lot of good info and help available for the DHP.
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:58 am

good idea, thanks rick
Back to top Go down
sdconcepts
Rookie

Name : Jerry
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:11 am

any news on the tuner for the 96 RIv? i have a 96 riv now and would like to get into modding it some and would really like to use a tuner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sdconcepts.com
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 am

sdconcepts wrote:
any news on the tuner for the 96 RIv? i have a 96 riv now and would like to get into modding it some and would really like to use a tuner.

Buy a DHP PowrTuner.
Back to top Go down
sdconcepts
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am

i've been reading the hp is out of business. can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:51 am

sdconcepts wrote:
i've been reading the hp is out of business. can anyone confirm this?

HPTuners will not work for 96s. If you mean DHP then what you read is true, however the tuners are still very common and used by many other 3800 enthusiasts.
Back to top Go down
sdconcepts
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

i meant that i thought DHP went out of business. so the only place to get a tuner is on the used market. is there a certain software package that i need to look for or special cables etc?
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 pm

You'll just want to search the classifieds for a DHP PowrTuner & Keyspan USB adapter and you're all set. They show up pretty frequently.
Back to top Go down
norsky86
Amateur

Name : dylon
Merit : -2

PostSubject: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 am

i know a guy getting rid of a dhp pcm its from a 2001 regal gs just wondering if i would need to do anything to it so it would work for my 98 rivi he dosnt have the software for it and where would i mount it under the hood
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:06 am

The only thing you'd have to do is not try it. Find someone with a DHP tuner and tune the Riv. Regals, GP's, etc use a different harness for the transmission (performance shift). You would have to change harnesses or buy an adapter.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:17 am

not only that but the bigger cars like the rivs and park avenues have a lot more torque management than the grand prixs and regals. you would have to change the harness or get an adapter like scott said, and still have to tune it to the riv after. i would just invest in a tuner and tune your stock PCM, not only will you have a tune that is more ideal for your riv but you will be able to go back and re-tune whenever you want for winter or new mods.
Back to top Go down
norsky86
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm

alrite cuz this guy is gettin rid of it for 50 bucks
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 pm

well if its only $50 you could easily snatch it and re sell it on a regal board and net close to half the amount of a complete tuner. (DHP)
Back to top Go down
norsky86
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 pm

hey tyler if your in the cities the regal he is parting out its on craigslist just go to parts and its in there
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:32 pm

im in duluth but ill take a look, for $50 id give it a shot though you could easily re-sell it for close to $100 if not more...
Back to top Go down
norsky86
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 pm

yea hes got a ton of shit for sale down pipe alot of stuff heres the link

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pts/1831231884.html
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:13 pm

A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.

Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

norsky86 wrote:
yea hes got a ton of shit for sale down pipe alot of stuff heres the link

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pts/1831231884.html
thanks! im not interested in the pcm but i think i might grab those LS6 springs depending on the condition, maybe even the VS cam depending on the miles/condition too even though i wanted an s1x or 1.9s.

98riv wrote:
A Regal PCM won't work on the Riviera. You can get a tuner for our cars as others said, but you have to know what you are doing or you could do a lot of harm.
why do i remember someone on this site using a regal/gtp pcm then?
Back to top Go down
norsky86
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:22 pm

yea i was looking at cam too but i need to do sum minor stuff first like lower my pulley and t stat they have that downpipe too
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

norsky86 wrote:
yea i was looking at cam too but i need to do sum minor stuff first like lower my pulley and t stat they have that downpipe too
i already have full exhaust and its for a regal anyway, the t-stat is a good idea so is plugs. but IMO i would pulley down AFTER the cam, either that or after supporting mods of some type.
Back to top Go down
norsky86
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:34 pm

gotcha im selling my system and trying to pick up sum rims so im waiting on that i have a few people in tc looking at trading me.. ive been working on making my old cold air intake qnd should be finished by monday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DHP Tuning Software   DHP Tuning Software Empty

Back to top Go down

DHP Tuning Software
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next