Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Nother carb for the Riv.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DocModisett
Amateur

Name : Doc Modisett
Merit : 11

Nother carb for the Riv..... Empty
PostSubject: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Well, I have purchased a 670 cfm holley to go on the 425.... we will see how much better it runs with that... idea I am hoping that the fuel mileage stays about the same,,,,[18 mpg out on the road] if I can just keep from stomping the loud pedal too much..... lol
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Pity you can't replace the 4-Jet with a Quadra-jet...
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Eldo wrote:
Pity you can't replace the 4-Jet with a Quadra-jet...

Not a big fan of Holley carb's. Quadra-jet is easier to tune IMO.
Back to top Go down
DocModisett
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 am

Wellllll,,,,, Did you ever notice that when GM and Ford and Chrysler really wanted to go fast , they used Holleys or Webbers , not qjets????
Actually I am more familiar with holleys because I have been to school on them, and for me , they are easy to work on and to tune...
Back to top Go down
DocModisett
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Well, I got the carb ready,,, I cut the choke tower off, and did all the basic settings ,,, Idles really smooth and responds in a crisp manner to the throttle.... now all that remains is to make a road trip with the car and see how the mileage does;....
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Sweet. I actually had to rebuild a Q-Jet from a 6.6L TA last week. Right down to cutting out the front to expose the adjustments. It wasn't fun....

Glad to hear it's runnin smooth. Hopefully the gas mileage is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 am

Doc,
Have you ever posted pic's of your car and engine on here anywhere.
I did a look see and couldn't find anything.
If you could direct me to some pic's I'd appreciate it.
Rick
Back to top Go down
DocModisett
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:03 am

No, Rick, I havent,,,, I am not real computer savvy,,,, I know how to send them by email , but not direct to a web site....If I could I would make some pics and send them....
Back to top Go down
jonly
Enthusiast
jonly

Name : james
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:07 pm

doc, how's the 670? I'm looking at one currently for my project
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:22 pm

James,
How is the project coming along.???
Forgot what site you said it was on, could you refresh my memory a bit. I wanna take a look see, at what's going on.
Rick
Back to top Go down
DocModisett
Amateur

PostSubject: left word out....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Well, it is great to hear from You, James....
The carb is great... it is just like every other holley that I have ever had,,,, Wonderfull... lol I got it installed, drove it around, made a couple of small changes and the results have been great..... actually what I had to do to get it situated was rebuilding the air cleaner like I wanted to..... I adapted the original ''pancake'' air cleaner into a ''cold air'' type,,,, you know,,, ''redneck ramair''.... lol the other day I drove it on a short trip and apparantly it is getting just as much or slightly more gas mileage....I am well pleased with it .... How is your project coming along?????
Back to top Go down
jonly
Enthusiast
jonly

Name : james
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:10 am

haha, redneck ramair.

I updated my thread with as much as I could say. thanks for the info on the carb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nother carb for the Riv.....   Nother carb for the Riv..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Nother carb for the Riv.....
Page 1 of 1