Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Welkome me in to the fam the right way

Go down 
+7
T Riley
Derek
Jamax
Eldo
Rickw
bigdave
2fargone2fast
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2fargone2fast
Special

Name : SaveMeRivi
Merit : 0

Welkome me in to the fam the right way Empty
PostSubject: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Hello im new to the Riviera line been wanting one now I got it now I dont want it no more
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm

WHAT?
Back to top Go down
2fargone2fast
Special

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Its just.way to much for me I just want it to run not with all that extra mods making it loud ...quiet and quick will be fine
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 pm

I think this is another one worthy of ignoring.............................................................Travis, how the heck are you.?
Cool heading for the thread. "Welcome me in to the family the hard way."
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 am

Rickw wrote:
I think this is another one worthy of ignoring...

Well, to be charitable, I was assuming that this poster was perhaps somewhere distant, like SnowDog....
Back to top Go down
2fargone2fast
Special

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 am

Im no where sir's I just started and dealing with little symptoms like the kar is dragging or trying to kut off at speeds of 50mph I wouldnt mind having some knowledge of upgrades to keep it tuned running right I ordered a new pulley for the charger its just that horrible knock
Back to top Go down
Jamax
Enthusiast

Name : Jim Fleck
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm looking at that 1st word in the subject line, and thinking Denmark?
I'm with Mark; certainly no harm in being "charitable" here. But understand that if 2fargone2fast is legit (my guess), he has a bit of a problem writing and reading English.
RickW is...well...he's RickW. And at the risk of getting on his hit list, with a
capital S, he could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Fanatic

Name : Derek
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:47 pm

What strikes me is that he didn't say what's wrong with the car so that we could help get it fixed, he didn't mention a year or miles, hell he didn't even try to sell it if he doesn't want it. Could just be an interesting way of saying hi... So hello 2fargone2fast and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Jamax wrote:
RickW is...well...he's RickW. And at the risk of getting on his hit list, with a

I didn't know I had a Hit list with a capitol S. That's refreshing to know.
And you are correct, I could be wrong and have been lately.

But it is still curious to me why this poster did not put where he is from if he thought his English would be a problem.

Most, if not all, new poster's from another country are proud to say they are from another country as it is a big thing to have a Riviera in another Country and they are here to introduce themselves and post what problems they may need help with.

This person did none of that, just struck me as very odd considering some of the other posts we have seen lately. His first mention of maintenance is to install a SC Pulley. Possibly knowing that the normal reaction from everyone on this board will vote against installing a smaller pulley to solve a 50 MPH, not KMH problem.

How naive you all can be.!!!!!!!

That's all. Shit List Hey, I'll have to look for that list or start a new one. lol
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Rickw wrote:
I think this is another one worthy of ignoring.............................................................Travis, how the heck are you.?

no 98riviiera98 is my only account on TCStangs.. err i mean Rivperformance shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Travis,
What's up with this hidden in your sig.

Moderhaters up in dis' bitch
TRAVIS IS GAY
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Rickw wrote:
Travis,
What's up with this hidden in your sig.

Moderhaters up in dis' bitch
TRAVIS IS GAY

lol.. It's been like that for like 6 months now. How have you been Mr. Rick?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm

98riviera98 wrote:

How have you been Mr. Rick?

Some days are better than others as far as pain goes.
As far as sanity, I guess that is just gone completely.
So you came out of the closet, sort of speak, 6 months ago and I missed the party. Or was there no party.???
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Rickw wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:

How have you been Mr. Rick?

Some days are better than others as far as pain goes.
As far as sanity, I guess that is just gone completely.
So you came out of the closet, sort of speak, 6 months ago and I missed the party. Or was there no party.???

lol.. it was a joke.. brahh razz

I'm just the same.. traded my fox for a sled and LOVE it.. I am trying to sell my broken ass riv.. and I'm lookin at a 95 f150.. 4x4 eddie bauer. its black.. found a 6 inch lift. slap a 2 inch body lift on top of that.. and some 38's and i'll be set..
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
I'm just the same.. traded my fox for a sled and LOVE it.. I am trying to sell my broken ass riv.. and I'm lookin at a 95 f150.. 4x4 eddie bauer. its black.. found a 6 inch lift. slap a 2 inch body lift on top of that.. and some 38's and i'll be set..
Sounds like you got the winter figured out anyway.
A sled and an F-150 on 38's - killer. I'd like to have the F-150 4x4 for the winter myself. Don't know if my back can do the 38 inchers though.
Have fun with it all.
Hope you get all the snow and we don't. happy
Back to top Go down
Jamax
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:06 am

Rickw wrote:
Jamax wrote:

But it is still curious to me why this poster did not put where he is from if he thought his English would be a problem.

Most, if not all, new poster's from another country are proud to say they are from another country as it is a big thing to have a Riviera in another Country and they are here to introduce themselves and post what problems they may need help with.

This person did none of that, just struck me as very odd considering some of the other posts we have seen lately. His first mention of maintenance is to install a SC Pulley. Possibly knowing that the normal reaction from everyone on this board will vote against installing a smaller pulley to solve a 50 MPH, not KMH problem.

That's all. Shit List Hey, I'll have to look for that list or start a new one. lol

OK, OK. Perhaps I went a bit too far. Actually, Rick, I'm beginning to see your point on this. Considering that this guy seems to have dropped from the site, you probably are correct about him. Still...uh...you can come across as a bully at times.
Shit list: any know-it-all guys on here, particularly the young ones who have not yet learned what we older guys wake up to every morning--the disconcerting fact that we not only don't know it all, but that during the night even more stuff that we don't know has been added. The list I was referring to has at least 3 on it.
But now that you seem to be playing nice with Travis, maybe it's only 2.
Anyway, if the list exists, or if you've now started one, I really don't want to be included. I have to bow to the incredible amount of mechanical knowledge on this site, and you come forward with it often. I just don't know anymore. Used to be a pretty fair shadetree mechanic, but at my age (1.5X yours) I've forgotten more than I ever knew.
And, I'm quite aware of your problem. I'm thankful that mine is not as bad and can be kept under control simply with ibuprophen.
Oh yes. If this guy is legit, his Riv probably does have a speedometer marked in mph. My neighbor has a '39 Dodge that was originally shipped to Sweden with one marked in kph.
Peace.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Jamax wrote:
Rickw wrote:
Jamax wrote:

OK, OK. Perhaps I went a bit too far. Actually, Rick, I'm beginning to see your point on this. Considering that this guy seems to have dropped from the site, you probably are correct about him. Still...uh...you can come across as a bully at times.
Shit list: any know-it-all guys on here, particularly the young ones who have not yet learned what we older guys wake up to every morning--the disconcerting fact that we not only don't know it all, but that during the night even more stuff that we don't know has been added. The list I was referring to has at least 3 on it.
But now that you seem to be playing nice with Travis, maybe it's only 2.
Anyway, if the list exists, or if you've now started one, I really don't want to be included. I have to bow to the incredible amount of mechanical knowledge on this site, and you come forward with it often. I just don't know anymore. Used to be a pretty fair shadetree mechanic, but at my age (1.5X yours) I've forgotten more than I ever knew.
And, I'm quite aware of your problem. I'm thankful that mine is not as bad and can be kept under control simply with ibuprophen.
Oh yes. If this guy is legit, his Riv probably does have a speedometer marked in mph. My neighbor has a '39 Dodge that was originally shipped to Sweden with one marked in kph.
Peace.

Make this dude a MOD... ^
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Watch out Travis.

Apparently I have a reputation. So don't cross the line again.!!!!! razz
Back to top Go down
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Witch one is Travis, the one in the Blue, or green? wtf
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 pm

I'd really like to thank our members for giving such a warm welcome in this thread. I'm sure the new member really appreciates reading your conversations.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:00 pm

AA wrote:
I'd really like to thank our members for giving such a warm welcome in this thread. I'm sure the new member really appreciates reading your conversations.
Did not know there was a NEW member to welcome to the board.?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm

That's just it - you don't know. Whatever the case, they probably won't be back.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
Jamax
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:53 pm

AA wrote:
That's just it - you don't know. Whatever the case, they probably won't be back.

You, of course, are right--both sentences. Sigh...
I appologize for being a part of this. I had a good point, but then I just couldn't shut the hell up. What bothers me is that if Rick is right, then whoever it was would have probably
continued.

Travis wrote: Make this dude a MOD.

You are referring to my neighbor with the '39 Dodge? Why not? Along with the kmh speedometer, he also has a hemi in it.
(Not to mention a few other mods--like somewhat better brakes).
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Quote :
What bothers me is that if Rick is right, then whoever it was would have probably
continued.
In that case, a moderator or myself will rectify the situation. If you have doubts on a member's legitimacy, please send me a PM.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
Jamax
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 pm

AA wrote:
Quote :
What bothers me is that if Rick is right, then whoever it was would have probably
continued.
In that case, a moderator or myself will rectify the situation. If you have doubts on a member's legitimacy, please send me a PM.

If I'm reading this reply correctly, you missed my point completely. I was agreeing with your
previous post (as quoted). I of course didn't (couldn't) know if the original post was legit, but I thought it wrong to jump to the conclusion that it wasn't--and gave a reason the it might be legit.
Now please read again the quote above. I was saying that if the post wasn't legit, whoever made it would have continued the farce. Why not? If the purpose was to bug others here, he was certainly making progress. If it was legit, the new poster very probably got disgusted with the response he got, and left in a huff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welkome me in to the fam the right way   Welkome me in to the fam the right way Empty

Back to top Go down

Welkome me in to the fam the right way
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: