Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?

Go down 
+6
robotennis61
99Rivman
albertj
krazyfish
Abaddon
VegasScott
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Sweepspear wrote:
Eldo wrote:
Thank you, Dale - would you believe I was never even a Boy Scout? jump

Neither was I.

I have always put a pair in all my cars over the years. Used to carry a can of starting fluid too during the winter months back in the day.
I can't say I have used them more than just a few times to start my own cars, but have come to the rescue of many, many others.
agree
Not too much anymore but it was something I did in the past.

When I was an Automotive Service Manager I always kept my slim jim in the trunk too, I used that many times.
Once or twice I even had to unlock cars with the engine running! lmfao
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:42 pm

99Rivman wrote:

Once or twice I even had to unlock cars with the engine running! lmfao

My mother did that once.... rolleyes
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:50 pm

I would much rather use Fix-A-Flat rather than drive on the skinny spare. I doubt that a one time use will destroy the wheels from the inside.
Back to top Go down
VegasScott
Enthusiast
VegasScott

Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Not destroy them. Detiorate (sp?) is a better word. Once you get that crap all over the inside of the rim, its a freakin' mess to clean up. Moisture is attracted to that stuff and I've seen it pit aluminum anodized wheels, as well as, lift the clear coat on coated rims.

Don't think that wal-mart or your local tire shop gives a hoot aabout your rims either. They won't spend time to clean all that crap off your rim before they replace the tire.

VegasScott
Back to top Go down
http://www.german-pride.com
VegasScott
Enthusiast
VegasScott

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey guys,

Here's an update on the fix a flat and slime type products. I just got new tires today, and the warranty information states not to use that stuff or it will VOID YOUR WARRANTY! shocked

I wasn't going to use it unless I absolutely, positively, no friggin' way around it, had to. But now, I'll just call costco's road side assistance if possible! lol

But back to the original topic of the thread...

Thanks to Randall's photos, I have looked at my car and I have most of what's supposed to be there.

I have a jack, a spare, but they're not secured in a plastic tub above the tire. I also have to the 2 top mounting screw/hooks for the cargo net, but not the bottom 2. I'm also missing the net itself. I'm sure I can find something that will work at the junkyard. Just not this weekend. I've got too much on my plate!

Sincerest Thanks Again Randall!

VegasScott
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey gang, Ed got a new '99 in the yard!!
Scott, you'll learn that Ed Morad is like the patron saint of Riviera wrecking yard needs... jesus
Viola': eBay Net

I suggest you buy the net, and then call them and tell them you'd also like the jack bucket and the net-hooks for the floor... and anything else you might need that could go in the same shipping cost.

BTW, do you have the folding, black lug-wrench/jack-handle, and the 2 net-hooks that also act as nuts for the tail light assy, at each side of the rear wall of the trunk? I actually have 2 nets, and all 6 hooks, but I find that I use the floor hooks and the rear hooks much more than the front hooks for things like grocery shopping... and if you have something really delicate, you can even make a sling between the upper front & rear hooks and suspend it in the net. Yeah, I know... crazy)

Mark
Back to top Go down
VegasScott
Enthusiast
VegasScott

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 am

Oh good to know! I didn't bother to look back there. So it's 6 hooks and 2 nets, right?

VegasScott
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 pm

VegasScott wrote:
Oh good to know! I didn't bother to look back there. So it's 6 hooks and 2 nets, right?

VegasScott

6 hooks, yes... You don't really need 2 nets, though.
Back to top Go down
VegasScott
Enthusiast
VegasScott

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm

I don't really need the hook then either, right? lol But I'm going BONE STOCK! I want it the way it came from the dealer...

Thanks for the help!

VegasScott
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Bone stock is 3 pairs of hooks and 1 net that can be attached in any combination.
BTW, have you checked out that eBay link?
Back to top Go down
VegasScott
Enthusiast
VegasScott

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Yeah, I saw that listing on ebay. I didn't know that was the Morad guy!

Thanks!

VegasScott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?   stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

stock 1998 buick riviera trunk photos?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2