Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on  :( Empty
PostSubject: Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(   Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on  :( EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:48 am

I found where it's coming from. Under the engine compartment towards the top... where the fuel line runs from the firewall and into the next connection before it hits the firewall. Luckily it's easy to find. smile

Now for stupid question.... Is this fuel line and connector something I can just snag from Autozone or NAPA... or do I need to hit up a dealer??
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(   Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on  :( EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 am

You can get both the plastic and hard lines at part stores. If its the hard line, you will have to do your own bending though. As far as replacing the plastic section.... I've never done it, but those lines look hard and brittle and might be a pain to get off. Can you post a pic of the connection in question?
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(   Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on  :( EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks for the info BMD. I will post a pic tomorrow. It looks like this fuel line was already played with by a previous owner. It had been cut and a metal coupler was spliced in on the flex line that runs to the fuel rail. A friend of mine who's huge into L67s (GP crowd) helped me get replacement injector line from a parts store along with clamps. We cut out the entire bad flex line and just put the new line in it's place. Worked like a charm. smile I wonder if this will help the hard start condition I was getting on starts when the car was sitting for 2-3 hours. smile

Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(   Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on  :( EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
Thanks for the info BMD. I will post a pic tomorrow. It looks like this fuel line was already played with by a previous owner. It had been cut and a metal coupler was spliced in on the flex line that runs to the fuel rail. A friend of mine who's huge into L67s (GP crowd) helped me get replacement injector line from a parts store along with clamps. We cut out the entire bad flex line and just put the new line in it's place. Worked like a charm. smile I wonder if this will help the hard start condition I was getting on starts when the car was sitting for 2-3 hours. smile

The replacement line I bought at the parts store came with a metal hose barb to mate the 2 together.
Sounds like that's what you had there too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(   Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on  :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Mmmmm... that's a helluva fuel smell goin on :(
Page 1 of 1