Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Starts and dies, starts and dies.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
YO MUDA
Amateur
YO MUDA

Name : Jimi
Merit : 0

Starts and dies, starts and dies. Empty
PostSubject: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:25 pm

95 SC. Drove to work this morning. Ready to go home, now she will start, run for 1 or 2 seconds and dies. I hear fuel pump running on start. Any ideas, or things to check. I hate leaving it at work.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:32 pm

My dads supercharged Park Ave has been having the same trouble, changing the MAF sensor has helped us, you can find lots if info here...MAF Sensor A good read for you will also be these two threads..Fuel Pump O2 sensors as this problem may also have to do with fuel delivery problems.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:34 pm

The following is just a guess:

you need a set of those LEDs that alarm installers use for diagnosis, basically put one on the hot line to the ICM and the other in parallel to an injector as a NOID. When the car quits DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING but get out and look at it. If it is still on then your ignition is still on (ICM is hot) and it's probably the crank sensor or some such. If it is off you most likely have an intermittent or faulty ig switch.

hopefully some other folks will chime in on this.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
jonly
Enthusiast
jonly

Name : james
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:37 pm

albertj wrote:
The following is just a guess:

you need a set of those LEDs that alarm installers use for diagnosis, basically put one on the hot line to the ICM and the other in parallel to an injector as a NOID. When the car quits DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING but get out and look at it. If it is still on then your ignition is still on (ICM is hot) and it's probably the crank sensor or some such. If it is off you most likely have an intermittent or faulty ig switch.

hopefully some other folks will chime in on this.

Albertj

you can rent noid testers at my local parts store. worth asking there.
Back to top Go down
YO MUDA
Amateur
YO MUDA

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Had a wrecker tow it to a mech. Hopefully find out Monday. Thanks for the info guys.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Let us know what the problem is, will 'ya Jimi?
Back to top Go down
YO MUDA
Amateur
YO MUDA

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Yes sir I will.
Back to top Go down
YO MUDA
Amateur
YO MUDA

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:27 pm

It was just a fuel pump. Guess while im at it I'll clean out the whole system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starts and dies, starts and dies.   Starts and dies, starts and dies. Empty

Back to top Go down

Starts and dies, starts and dies.
Page 1 of 1