Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Finally Located Matching Mats

Go down 
+3
ghpcnm
manofmany
Rivlanta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

Name : Craig
Merit : 22

Finally Located Matching Mats Empty
PostSubject: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:19 pm

After several months of collecting mat carpet color samples, I finally located a company that provides a near perfect match for my 97 Riv Taupe interior.

Finally Located Matching Mats Newmats_driver

Finally Located Matching Mats Newmats_pass

The company is Qualitycarmats.com in Simpsonville, SC (1-888-322-7628). The color is 355-Neutral in Ultra Plush which matches as close to the Taupe as anything else I've been able to find (and I contacted at least four different vendors.) The Ultra Plush style is every bit as thick as the original mats.

Cost for the two front mats was $75, a little pricey but included shipping and the driver-side heel plate (which is where my original drivers-side mat wore out).

Hope this may help help someone else save some research time if looking for new carpet mats too.
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Funny as I was just searching for mats earlier.

What are the bottoms like? Are they heavy enough that they won't move or slide around?
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Nice looking mats, Craig. They look like a perfect match in the pics. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Bottoms are a ribbed backing...very good gripping so very little movement. I am very impressed with the quality of these mats.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:38 pm

$120 for all 4 mats to fit the car seems like a good deal.
My only complaint is the driver mat tends to move too much.
anyone know a way to keep it anchored? maybe adhesive velcro?

Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 am

Matt...I've not had any movement of the mats whatsoever, but in particular the driver's side.

The rubber nibs on the back seem to "dig" into the carpeting really well keeping it in place.

Finally Located Matching Mats Nibbed_Backing%20Trial

Back to top Go down
Rogerh11
Amateur

Name : Roger Heiple
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

Tangent but related story: I purchased my Riv from a guy who said he purchased it from a stewardess in Lansing, MI. I was checking out craigslist to verify my deal and saw some OEM mats for exactly my car. I contacted the guy and he said that his mats were for a gray interior – not the more common beige. I confirmed that I had a black Riv with the gray interior. He said that was just like his and he regretted selling it to a stewardess in Lansing, MI.

Twilight zone music plays…

After some confirmations, I found out that he was the first owner of the car. When I drove over to his place to get the mats, you would have thought his long lost child had returned. He even had pictures of the car in his driveway 10 years earlier. We hit it off and traded emails. I also have some great mats.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am

Great story! Thanks for sharing. thumbsup

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Now that's cool...SMALL WORLD !!!
Rogerh11 wrote:
Tangent but related story: I purchased my Riv from a guy who said he purchased it from a stewardess in Lansing, MI. I was checking out craigslist to verify my deal and saw some OEM mats for exactly my car. I contacted the guy and he said that his mats were for a gray interior – not the more common beige. I confirmed that I had a black Riv with the gray interior. He said that was just like his and he regretted selling it to a stewardess in Lansing, MI.

After some confirmations, I found out that he was the first owner of the car. When I drove over to his place to get the mats, you would have thought his long lost child had returned. He even had pictures of the car in his driveway 10 years earlier. We hit it off and traded emails. I also have some great mats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:58 pm

8th gen Riviera owners live in a very small world. A couple years ago I ordered a strut tower brace from GMParts direct - it landed on the doorstep of another member: Jack the R!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Rogerh11 wrote:

Awesome story, got goosebumps. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Located Matching Mats   Finally Located Matching Mats Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally Located Matching Mats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: