Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? Empty
PostSubject: Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?   Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 pm

I just bought this hose for my 96' and it doesn't seem to fit right. Is this the correct hose? Has anyone else installed it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
96riv
Fanatic
96riv

Name : Dennis
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?   Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Mine is a Goodyear 61760, but yours is the correct one also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arizonagn.com
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?   Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 pm

I work for a napa auto care center, if nobody responds by tomorrow morning ill have an answer for you.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?   Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 am

96RIVMANN wrote:
I just bought this hose for my 96' and it doesn't seem to fit right. Is this the correct hose? Has anyone else installed it.

Thanks

I just put on a Gates(R) upper hose when I replaced my radiator. It's probably but not necessarily the same hose. So I apologize that I don't have your exact same hose but I learned a few things that might help you out (until Tyler chimes in, anyway)

1) the replacement radiator hoses are intended to be cut and bent somewhat to fit. The same p/n will work on a number of different applications.

2) When I put my Gates lower hose on, I set it next to the hold hose and cut it so that I could use the cut piece to reinstall the funky nipple that links the radiator to the hose.

3) To get my upper hose to fit I had to stretch it somewhat. Initially I was NOT happy about that because it narrowed the hose a little at a bend. That has turned out not to matter.

4) at least pull the thermostat and check it and if any of the wax has leaked out (it will accumulate around the button behind the valve) REPLACE it, you don't want it to fail on you. You might/should just replace it, they are even cheap at the dealership...

Happy driving

Albertj
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?   Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 pm

"3) To get my upper hose to fit I had to stretch it somewhat. Initially I was NOT happy about that because it narrowed the hose a little at a bend. That has turned out not to matter."

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I had to stretch it a bit but it does not leak and maybe after it heats up and cools it will reshape itself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?   Napa  8638 upper radiator hose? Empty

Back to top Go down

Napa 8638 upper radiator hose?
Page 1 of 1