Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Tune up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gmann3001
Fanatic
gmann3001

Name : Glenn W. Peck
Merit : 9

Tune up Empty
PostSubject: Tune up   Tune up EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 am

I thought i may have had a major problem with the car, the SES would come on now and then and then i started to get a miss fire. after all the hassle with the OBD1.5 BS i figured id order the cable to check it out. then I started looking at some older posts and decided to do new plugs and wires. wow what a difference. the old plugs had to have been in there since my parents bought the car in 99, that was 100,000 miles ago. the gaps were so far off, I'm surprised it ran at all they were between .073 and .081
and looked like the were to hell and back! so I'm going for a 60- 70 mile round trip tomorrow, I hope that light doesn't come on. I think I'm finally figuring this site out. this is the first time I've ever been in a on line club. thanks for being here and giving the advice.
Back to top Go down
http://gmann3001@yahoo.com
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Tune up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tune up   Tune up EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:28 pm

gmann3001 wrote:
I thought i may have had a major problem with the car, the SES would come on now and then and then i started to get a miss fire. after all the hassle with the OBD1.5 BS i figured id order the cable to check it out. then I started looking at some older posts and decided to do new plugs and wires. wow what a difference. the old plugs had to have been in there since my parents bought the car in 99, that was 100,000 miles ago. the gaps were so far off, I'm surprised it ran at all they were between .073 and .081
and looked like the were to hell and back! so I'm going for a 60- 70 mile round trip tomorrow, I hope that light doesn't come on. I think I'm finally figuring this site out. this is the first time I've ever been in a on line club. thanks for being here and giving the advice.

For the rest of you: gentle reminder that the service interval for the OE plugs is 100,000 miles.

Back to top Go down

Tune up
Page 1 of 1