Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 riv sc no third or fourth gear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grip
Special

Name : stan
Merit : 0

95 riv sc no third or fourth gear Empty
PostSubject: 95 riv sc no third or fourth gear   95 riv sc no third or fourth gear EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Just recently purchased 95 riv 118,000 miles. After tune up found that car will not shift into third gear. Scanned trans codes an have p0740,p1571,andp1670 codes trac control light is on. SES light is not on. Also there is a problem with ignition switch,have to release slowly to keep car running.Plan to replace ignition switch soon. Seems that i read in forums that Tcc gets power thru ign switch. Trans fluid looks good but I dont know the history of this car, considering trans fluid change before trans rebuild or swap. Also have 96 riv with good trans, will it swap into 95. Car was not running when purchased. Still trying to get over death of my 98riv. Love these cars smile
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

Name : Rsquared
Merit : 3

95 riv sc no third or fourth gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: 95 riv sc no third or fourth gear   95 riv sc no third or fourth gear EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 pm

well I can't be of much help but, I am about to attempt the same for my GF's 95sc going to put a 4t60hd from a 96 in ,hopefully going to get started next week. I am sure someone can shed light on your problem theres lots of experience on this board...best of luck with your riv hi
Back to top Go down

95 riv sc no third or fourth gear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Scans & Tuning-
Jump to: