Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Boost Control Solenoid Filter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

Boost Control Solenoid Filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
I don't recall any complications regarding this filter you mention.

Really... Maybe it's just my big hands, but by the time I got all the scraping and cleaning done and had the new stat in, my filter had been mangled & torn. Was your filter indeed still in place? Here's what they look like,
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3636/3549625122_f4b2375de7.jpg?v=0

Also:

UPDATE
Rock Auto called me an hour ago and told me that their inventory records were wrong, and the warehouse that sells these filters individually was out... They may get more in a month, but in the meantime I had to order via another supplier that only sells the GM bags of 10. When they get here I'll see what I have around for envelopes, and offer the leftovers to the group.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:14 pm

My BCS filter has been gone for over 100k miles. If you come across an extra, maybe help me out?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:44 pm

AA wrote:
My BCS filter has been gone for over 100k miles. If you come across an extra, maybe help me out?

Sure. After they get here, about a week, I'll keep 2 or 3 and list the extras in the For Sale section and notify this thread as well. If I have light enough padded envelopes (or tiny boxes?) I should be able to send 'em out for just a couple bucks each.

I guess you don't live in a dusty area... You've never had to replace the the BCS or the BBV even running without the filter?

I'll be busy for a few hours... My Hogan DP just arrived!

Last edited by Eldo on Wed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:08 pm

I need one also. Dibs please.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:35 pm

I'll have to inspect, don't recall if the filter's there or not. I checked the AC Delco site, and it appears they can be directly ordered singly, but of course the shipping would likely be $7-$10...
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:36 pm

I'd probably take one also if you end up with spares. If it goes where I'm assuming it does, mine is also missing.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:59 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
I'd probably take one also if you end up with spares. If it goes where I'm assuming it does, mine is also missing.

Check.

On the driver's (or stat) side of the solenoid, there are 2 nipples, 1 with a hose and one that should have the filter. If it's not there the clip that holds it probably is - I couldn't get mine off over the barb...
Of course, you have to pull the engine cover to see it. That's another little annoyance that I changed right away - I replaced the factory nut with a Dorman black plastic air cleaner wingnut that looks good with the ribbing on the top of the cover.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:00 pm

No worries, my cover hasn't been ON in 2 years. smile

Yep, the retainer is still on the nipple.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Those friggin' filters aren't here yet...
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Eldo wrote:
Those friggin' filters aren't here yet...

Mark, I also found them, thru Amazon.com, and ordered 10 last week. They are shipping today. Any updates on your order status?
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Yes, I got them Monday (or possibly Tuesday... I've been sick as a dog since Saturday.) I haven't gone through my piles of eBay packaging for padded envelopes yet, but I did take a picture of the box to share the strange part number.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3574/3639563164_c1c3e0b223.jpg?v=0

As it is easy to tear one while trying to put it on, I figured I'd put 2 in each envelope and send them out for $3, with postage. I was going to send PM's to the 3 of you, and make up the packages over the weekend. I guess I should still send PMs to the other two...
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm surprised it actually has a GM # on the box. I tried my local dealer last week and no such part is in their parts breakdowns, though they know what it is. I figured I'd put some extras on the shelf and ordered myself. I'll bet you can get rid of your extras. Mine are coming from AC-Direct.com, is that who your supplier was? Oh nevermind, you said it was RockAuto....
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:11 am

Yes, it has a GM number, but GM hasn't used 6-digit numbers in 40 years... confused

That's why they can't find the damned thing. Plus, I believe my Chevy guy said that he finally found them listed as "EGR valve filters". rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boost Control Solenoid Filter   Boost Control Solenoid Filter Empty

Back to top Go down

Boost Control Solenoid Filter
Page 1 of 1