Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

boost control silenoid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

Name : shawn
Merit : 7

boost control silenoid Empty
PostSubject: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Okay guys ive been replacing vaccuum lines and seafoamed the car, did plug wires ect ect just getting it ready for the turbo build cuz we have a dyno day at work at the end of september. All is invited if interested!
My question is my boost control silenoid has one vaccuum hose going into it from the vaccuum T that goes into the supercharger for the fpr boost control and the t for the tranny and vaccuum box. Then that vaccuum line goes into the boost silenoid. Then 3 come out of it. One goes like a "U" from the silenoid to the electical connector right under. There is a vaccuum line port right in front of that one with no line on it for my car. It has a tin piece connected to it so if you plug a vaccuum line into it it holds it on.
Is there a line that should be connected to it and if so, What line, from where.
There is no line anywere around that isnt connected to something. I can post a pic if that would help i know it sounds confusing.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm guessing you have a '95 or '96, so I'm not sure about the rest of your hoses (please fill out your Signature file with your car's info.) The 'open' port with the metal clip on it is normal, though. There was a foam filter there to keep out dust & dirt out as the Boost Actuator breathes in & out...

boost control silenoid 3549625122_f4b2375de7_m

They are a pain to find and usually require the purchase of a box of 10. You may want to just go with something like this:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/care-maintenance-f8/armored-boost-control-valve-filter-t7374.htm?highlight=boost+filter

Good luck with your Riv.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 am

Go to Autozone, find the wall of PCV and Crankcase filters. Buy a $5.00 white Crankcase filter in sleeve packaging. The style I'm referring to was used in the early 80's and prior for carbureted cars with a PCV system. It's like a 2" x 2" square that you can cut to fit.
P/N AF16 is similar to what I'm describing.
Back to top Go down
bullseye-shawn
bullseye-shawn

Name : shawn
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Okay thanks guys. I was hoping that it wasnt missing a hose.
Ill put one on this weekend
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Since I couldn't find any loose vacuum line that went there, I'm thinking I may have put a cap on that one for the hell of it. scratch twak dunce

Guess I'll have to remedy that. laughat
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Sweepspear wrote:
Since I couldn't find any loose vacuum line that went there, I'm thinking I may have put a cap on that one for the hell of it. scratch twak dunce

Tisk-tisk-tisk.... Don't you have an FSM? nono
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Eldo wrote:
Sweepspear wrote:

Tisk-tisk-tisk.... Don't you have an FSM? nono

Yes. I do in fact have one. Both of them.
I just didn't question it enough to crack it open in this case.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: boost control silenoid   boost control silenoid Empty

Back to top Go down

boost control silenoid
Page 1 of 1