Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation

Go down 
+40
Johnny5
69GSColorado
al_roethlisberger
highwaywarrior
charlieRobinson
RidzRiv
Natesriv
pbrktrt
J. Chris Davis
flyineagle96
brutusk1
Jamax
97 park ave
ghpcnm
Ash
albertj
Abaddon
robotennis61
TonySmooth89
sdconcepts
Mr.Riviera
DEMonte1997
EatDirtFartDust
turtleman
napalmpt
Rickw
Buapo
deekster_caddy
Face
ewolfe0050
jax95riv
Jack the R
oldsman105
racinfan
1998 Riv
98riv
Jason
AA
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 am

Rick,

I'm pretty sure they are going to come with bushing, end links, everything. Mine did. If not I can help you piece together some Energy Suspension end links that are pretty close - i.e. we might need a shorter bolt and cut the middle spacer down a little, (like Energy Suspension is going to make an end link for the Riv? HA!) but not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:26 am

Thanks again.
Rick
Back to top Go down
napalmpt
Rookie

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 6:24 pm

im looking for the front sway bars for a 95 riv, are they not made or do i have use the bars for another model? addco says they arent available for my year. It only shows the rear
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 pm

I've been going through these sway bar threads now since Oldsman is selling off his FE3 bars. Can anyone help me clarify..?

Our factory sway bars are __mm front and __mm rear?
FE3 is 30mm front and 22mm rear right?
then the Addco bars some of you got made are what?
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 am

My swaybars are FE2.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 2:17 am

stab bar links

some links to compare.
In order, it's TRW standard, TRW HD, and Moog HD

They are not a lot different from each other and the bushing pieces don't feel any different between them but the Moog has treated hardware and the better designed washers whereas it seems to be one or the other with the TRW so Moog wins.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 7:58 am

Just curious if you noted the bolt diameter - stock is a 5/16 bolt I think, and the Energy Suspension ones I cut down to fit had a 3/8 bolt.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 1:35 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
Just curious if you noted the bolt diameter - stock is a 5/16 bolt I think, and the Energy Suspension ones I cut down to fit had a 3/8 bolt.

I assume they are factory diameter but I didnt check. I was thinking about working out some Energy poly links but I really didn't like how the bushings were cut. They don't look like they would fit nearly as well. Is there a certain one you used or modification you made that worked well?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 8:59 am

I picked the shortest ones I could find, then did some measuring and cut the center spacer down to make it right. I think I had to go get a new shorter bolt, and it was definitely a 3/8 bolt. The bushings seemed to fit the same... but I do have the addco bar as well.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:21 pm

What's going on with these addco bars now? Can I still get them or how does it all work now?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 pm

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 pm

In Sept. of last year I contacted Brad at Never Enough Auto. The company that everyone did a group buy from in 2007 and he replied he could still get the kits from Addco, front and rear for a total of $320.00 including shipping.
I have yet to order a set and I don't know if price is still the same.
Try emailing him and mention this site at sales@neverenoughauto.com.
Or call him at 877-609-6727 , 616-636-8856 (9am-6pm EST)
Let us know what you find out.
I'll be interested in ordering soon, after a few other mod's.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:03 pm

You can still get the Addco sets from NEA, but the 'group' buy is long over, you can probably get the same price from a local retailer.

I had a hell of a time with my front bar - the first was boxed wrong, second was bent wrong, third was a perfect fit... Made more difficult by dealing with a far away retailer.
Back to top Go down
EatDirtFartDust
Fanatic

Name : The Josh
Location : Somewhere between Sullivan and Saint Peters Missouri.
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 pm

napalmpt wrote:
im looking for the front sway bars for a 95 riv, are they not made or do i have use the bars for another model? addco says they arent available for my year. It only shows the rear
I'm interested in the answer to this also.
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Merit : 37

PostSubject: What's the part # for poly swaybar bushings?   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:07 am

After NOT having swaybar endlinks in my Riv, I finally got around to installing them today (i have no idea what the previous owners were thinking...). So now it handles worlds better but I know it can be better.

What's the part #'s I need for the energy suspension swaybar bushings, fellas? cyclops happy
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 4:08 pm

What year STS are these for again? The closest thing on the NEA site is 92-97 Seville. And that part of the site is still under construction :/

edit -----

Found these on summit racing, for 95-99 Aurora -

rear

front

Are these the ones?

What did you guys end up doing for bushings/brackets? Seems like anything that would work on the Aurora would work on a Riv.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm

AFAIK Addco lists them for the Riviera.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 pm

Jack the R wrote:
What year STS are these for again? The closest thing on the NEA site is 92-97 Seville. And that part of the site is still under construction :/

98-2004 STS with FE-3 suspension will fit.

Can't buy direct from ADDCO, have to find a vendor.

From a previous write up by Jason, he listed the Addco P/N's as follows:

Front = 02018
Rear = 02015

So it appears the Summit numbers match. They are for 97-99 only.
By looking at the Summit site, it appears they come as a kit with bushings and brackets. At least that's what their illustration shows.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Jack the R wrote:
Found these on summit racing, for 95-99 Aurora -

rear

front

Are these the ones?
yes
addco pn 02015 and 02018. Originally made for 98-04 STS.
The addco catalog was way off when the gp was on as far as applications went. The summit catalog is wrong too, possibly from basing themselves on the addco catalog. They fit the modern G and K body (until 04 cars as well as the more recent G-platform based H-platform .

You can use them on 95-99 rivs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks. Looking to get these if the next art job works out . . .
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Does anyone know of another vendor for Addco sway bars other than Summit and NeverEnoughAuto.com.

DEMonte1997 wrote:
What's the part #'s I need for the energy suspension swaybar bushings, fellas? cyclops happy
Does anyone know????

Thanks,
Rick
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Rick, I can get Addco from Indy Auto Parts in Peabody, MA. Not too far away from you...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Just got a great deal on a front STS sway bar on ebay.
I'm hoping it will fit without a problem on the 96's. i know there was speculation that ours it different, and i think the consensus was the 96's have 26mm bars while the 97+ has 27mm bars on the front. hopefully the design and shape is the same.
The bar i got should come with the seville brackets and bushings, but i will probably get new oem bushings (unless there are stiffer ones readily avail).
will the STS brackets work on the riv or do i need to get different ones?

now i just need to find a STS rear bar for cheap!

Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:41 pm

If the front bar doesn't fit your car I'll buy it for the right money.

Don't know what brackets fit what. You can take measurements of whats on your car and match that to what's listed on energysuspension.com, for polyurethane bushings and brackets. Greasable and non-greasable for the front only.
Then you can use those part numbers to find them at Summitracing.com
For my 98 The upsize (Addco) bars are: Front = 1 1/4" and Rear is 7/8".
The bars are available from Summit as well. (4 - 6 week back order)

Last edited by Rickw on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:48 pm

those sizes sound like the addco upgraded sway bar size.

i'll be sure to let you know if it doesnt fit my car.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation   sway - Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Front/Rear (Addco) Stabilizer/Sway Bar Installation
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next