Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

'12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

'12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH Empty
PostSubject: '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH   '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 pm

A bit last minute, but this weekend the Buick Performance Group members will gathering at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH. Dozens of classic Buick muscle cars, and lots of Rivieras will be racing at the track during the day, cruising around the Hebron streets at night. If you can make a drive to the Newark/Heath, OH area, it's a great opportunity to see some of the best Buicks and meet their owners.

Thanks to LARRY70GS for inviting me out to the cruise-in last night. It was great meeting Larry and talking about our cars. Before I knew it, Larry had the keys to a very clean Grand National, which we of course drove down the road and back. THANK YOU for my first ever ride in a GN! Also was great to meet Riviera Performance members 71gsx455-4spd (Ken Lisk) and Roberta (Roberta Vasilow, owner of Silver Arrow #12). I also met another GN owner, Chuck, who was kind enough to show me under the hood of his 600+ HP car. It was great to finally put faces to usernames, and meet a few new faces as well.

Wish I could attend the track events, but unfortunately I already made plans to attend Mid Ohio's Sports Car Challenge this weekend. We'll see about next year.

Info: LINK

'12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH 571F7E48

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH   '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 pm

This sounds awesome! Great looking GNX too!
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH   '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 am

The BPG is a great bunch of Buick lovers from all over the country... WORLD, really. I'm sorry to say I haven't been able to attend the annual event since 2004 when it was in Salem OH. Drove my 68 1100 miles there, made a ton of passes down the track, and drove it home after 3 days of fun. Maybe after my 455 swap is done...
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH   '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:00 am

AA wrote:
A bit last minute, but this weekend the Buick Performance Group members will gathering at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH. Dozens of classic Buick muscle cars, and lots of Rivieras will be racing at the track during the day, cruising around the Hebron streets at night. If you can make a drive to the Newark/Heath, OH area, it's a great opportunity to see some of the best Buicks and meet their owners.

Thanks to LARRY70GS for inviting me out to the cruise-in last night. It was great meeting Larry and talking about our cars. Before I knew it, Larry had the keys to a very clean Grand National, which we of course drove down the road and back. THANK YOU for my first ever ride in a GN! Also was great to meet Riviera Performance members 71gsx455-4spd (Ken Lisk) and Roberta (Roberta Vasilow, owner of Silver Arrow #12). I also met another GN owner, Chuck, who was kind enough to show me under the hood of his 600+ HP car. It was great to finally put faces to usernames, and meet a few new faces as well.

Wish I could attend the track events, but unfortunately I already made plans to attend Mid Ohio's Sports Car Challenge this weekend. We'll see about next year.

Info: LINK

'12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH 571F7E48

Aaron,
Thanks for coming down to meet the guys, and see our cars. Thanks for the ride in your Riviera. I wish I could have given you a more spirited ride in the GN. I just wanted to give you a taste of what it is like to drive one. I was a bit reluctant to really get on it being it wasn't mine, and we were 600 miles from home. As it turned out, that was the right choice as on our way home in the rain, the OE water pump decided to give up the ghost. We managed to nurse it to Allentown, PA, and then it let go completely. Lucky for my friend, I had AAA+, and 100 miles of free towing. The GN completed the last 104.6 miles on the back of a flatbed, through Manhattan and on to Flushing, N.Y. The bill was 16.25 lmao , and Ron was so happy to be home that he tipped the driver 50.00.

I will own a turbo car one day. I'm going to look at an 87 T Type this weekend.

We are already planning our event for 2013. Hope you can make it.

http://www.buickperformancegroup.com/forums/showthread.php?11518-2013-BPG-Event-information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH   '12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH Empty

Back to top Go down

'12 Buick Performance Group Nationals - Aug 3/4/5 NTRaceway, Hebron, OH
Page 1 of 1