Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?

Go down 
+4
deekster_caddy
AA
pbrktrt
sniperdude
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Robo, yep I know that - I didn't JB weld the lines, I am taking them off to replace them with new lines.

The previous owner did that shit. Plus it's leaking.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

whew! thank you for that! ya had me goin for a minute oops
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

sniperdude wrote:
Robo, yep I know that - I didn't JB weld the lines, I am taking them off to replace them with new lines.

Why does it seem like all the previous owners of these cars were complete idiots? And every Riv I see on the street that isn't a member of this forum looks like a scrug rat too. These cars are super sleepers just for that aspect alone! Trashy ass owners! I have cigarette burn marks on the lip of the fabric around my sunroof! lmfao
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
sniperdude wrote:

Why does it seem like all the previous owners of these cars were complete idiots? And every Riv I see on the street that isn't a member of this forum looks like a scrug rat too. These cars are super sleepers just for that aspect alone! Trashy ass owners! I have cigarette burn marks on the lip of the fabric around my sunroof! lmfao

If I ever met the moron who owned this Riv, I'd sock em one. They totally just half-assed all the repairs on it. If you can't afford to take care of the vehicle the way it's supposed to be taken care of, I can understand that. But there were/are so many half-assed repairs on this car and things that just weren't maintained well that it's mind blowing.

At least the engine was taken care of. The rockers and whatnot underneath the oil cap look super clean, so that makes me feel better about things. haha
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:24 pm

When I think back to the day I cracked the snout of the blower and saw the grey sealant hanging in front of the gears, it still makes me cringe. Unbelievable, really. I don't know the previous owner(s) of my Riv, but I admit, I am curious..

Probably south Florida crack heads..
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
When I think back to the day I cracked the snout of the blower and saw the grey sealant hanging in front of the gears, it still makes me cringe. Unbelievable, really. I don't know the previous owner(s) of my Riv, but I admit, I am curious..

Probably south Florida crack heads..

Wow. Was it running like that?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Yep. I felt like I was playing a game of operation when I was picking it clean with forceps.

The bolts holding the snout to the blower were also coated in this grey silicone shit and were a bitch to get off.

I've also found the same grey sealant around the LIM elbows and around the LIM base. I need to replace my blower gasket soon and I can't imagine the amount of grey shit im going to find around there.

I really would like to know WTF this person was thinking! It might be something like this.. they applied gobs of it everywhere like a blind 4 year old.

do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Ultra-grey-silicone
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Wow... that sucks man.

So you gotta replace that blower right?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Nah, the blower is fine.
Here is what came out.
do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Imag0711
do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Imag0712
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Wow. That is a rats nest of gasket maker, haha
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 pm

do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Img20130221084423
do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Img20130221084420

No more leaking. haha

6 bucks of fuel hose and some clamps.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Hell yeah! Nice job!
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

I kind of want to put actual fuel injection rated hose clamps on there soon, I just patched that up so I didn't start a fire everywhere while driving between the garage and the driveway. haha
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 pm

still not the best idea.just sayin.high pressure fuel lines need more than hose clamps. you really have to address this permanently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?   do these fuel lines look like they need replacing? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

do these fuel lines look like they need replacing?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2