Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jordynarz
jordynarz

Merit : 0

QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction Empty
PostSubject: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello I am having issues with my Service engine Light. In the summer around july 2012 I took my car to knechts and they were able to read my computer. They came up with a Speed Sensor circuit malfunction and a QBD1 error. I had the transmission rebuilt in janurary of 2012 and it sometimes clunks between 2nd and 3rd under a load. I don't know if that has to do with the speed sensor or not. But I am needing help with these two error codes. But I've ha 3 computers trying to read it with obd2 plugs today and non can make a connection. Idk where to go to find someone with a computer that can read it. i find it odd that in another town at knechts there computer read my car and these other ones wont.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:00 am

Try a repair chain like Goodyear or Firestone in your area to get those codes read.
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:50 pm

95 rivs have an OBD1 computer with an ODB2 diagnostic socket.

The ones that can't read your car are probably trying to read it with an ODB2 scanner.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 pm

sniperdude wrote:
95 rivs have an OBD1 computer with an ODB2 diagnostic socket.

The ones that can't read your car are probably trying to read it with an ODB2 scanner.

Correct! which is why taking the car someplace where the mechanics have probably seen such a thing before should help. You can also try telling the mech about the issue - they can read it with certain AutoTap and other devices, no problem, if they know it's OBD 1 with an OBD 2 socket.

You may want to try calling shops around Eugene or Medford, I realize North Bend's nice but not a big place. You might want to find a GM dealership that survived the purge but that earns a lot from servicing cars - they would "check and advise" for 1/2 hour to 1 hour shop time fee. Do not ignore or bypass the larger independent transmission shops that are about an hour or so out from the cities.

You may want to try auto parts stores toward Eugene or Medford; one of them is bound to have a reader that will work if you search hard enough.

Last edited by albertj on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jordynarz
jordynarz

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:35 pm

I live in springfield now. So I'll call around Eugene Thanks! smile
Back to top Go down
jordynarz
jordynarz

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I've still had NO Luck getting anything to read my SES ... I just went to O Reillys, They have a scanner that is both obd1 and obd 2.. So they attached it with the correct plug and it wouldnt connect.. I've had about 3 or 4 different scanners on it in the last 2 years and they all have said no signal.. So I think maybe the computer is going out.. I have all kinds of electrical issues and engine running issues with this.. I just got 11 MPG last fill frown And sometimes when its warmm I shut it off then it gets to over 210 after i shut it off at 200.. And then I start it and it will barely run or not at all.. Until it's cooled down.. Like its running on 4 cylinders... I've replaced the Coil packs before.. I'm almost on number 5 of 3 coil!!!
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:09 pm

The OBD 2 plug is not wired the same as the OBD 1 with the OBD 2 port that our cars have. So a scanner that is able to read both is not going to work unless they have a third GM cable that reads 1995 GM's with OBD 1 but the OBD 2 port.

Your cars symptoms are pointing to a plugged cat. Our cars computers rarely if ever go bad. See if anyone in your area has an Actron 9185 scanner. It will read our OBD 1.5 (as it is referred to). There are other scanners that do, but this is the one I use. But for now, Check that cat out.
Back to top Go down
ironclyde
Enthusiast
ironclyde

Name : Cody
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 am

You'll need to find a scanner that can read OBD 1.5. Snap on used to support that until 2009. Look for a shop with an older Snap-on scanner or go to a GM dealer. The Snap on personality key is #9, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction   QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction Empty

Back to top Go down

QBD1 error and Speed sensor circuit malfunction
Page 1 of 1