Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurt Franz
Rookie

Name : Kurt Franz
Merit : 3

New member Empty
PostSubject: New member   New member EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 am

Located in NE Ohio. I own a Gunmetal Gray 90 Reatta coupe and a silver 97 Riviera. Bought the Riv from my brother who was the second owner. It has 71000 miles. Current problems that need to be addressed are as follows:

AC is not working - think there is a leak - hopefully that is all

Driver seat back - plastic latch has broken off. He tried repairing it but the fix did not last. Seems to be the common problem her as I have read here.

ABS/Traction control not operatiing

Wobbly steering wheel - in process of addressing it. Got immediate help from "deekster_caddy" about removing the black pins from underneath the dash cover - for which I am most thankful.

Paint is bubbling on hood near top of grill. Seems to be a common problem

Undercarriage is pretty clean, however there is some rust on the front cradle which I cleaned up and applied "Waxoyl" which should work out good for corrosion prevention - at least keeping it in check.

The cassette player is hosed as there is a tape stuck in there. I probably destroyed it by trying to get the tape out - which I was not able to accomplish. I will take the system out when I have the front dash cover off when fixing the steering wheel.

Parking brake seems to stick when it is tapped to release it. It has to be "persuaded" by my foot to be brought back to it's original position. However it does seem to work. Folks need to use that thing regularly.....not enough do in my opinion.

That is it.

Also I own a 82 VW Westfalia camper, a 07 Tacoma, and a 94 4Runner - if you need any help there let me know....

I will chime in when I think I have some good advice to offer or a question that I need answered after doing a thorough search of the forum. Don't want to waste anyone's time if it is not necessary.

Out

KF

Back to top Go down
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

Name : Florence
Merit : 21

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Welcome, Kurt. I visit NE Ohio a few times per year (Warren/Garrettsville). Check our Racing forum for some details. Maybe you're not too far away?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Welcome Kurt!
Back to top Go down