Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Aux input on factory head unit (95)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rivillac
Enthusiast
Rivillac

Name : Kevin
Merit : 13

Aux input on factory head unit (95) Empty
PostSubject: Aux input on factory head unit (95)   Aux input on factory head unit (95) EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Just wanted to hear some thoughts on this.

I have the factory radio head unit in my car, w/ cassette. My car had the factory slave CD unit in the console but I removed it. I am using a cassette adapter with hidden wire to run my XM, so I really can't use that wire jack for another audio source.

I've been looking at adding an aux input to use the wiring of the CD slave to run my iphone audio to. There's a product out there to fill this need ( PAC Audio AAI-GM9 ) but it requires the use of a fully functioning slave unit. When I removed my CD player, I built a panel in the opening to mount a couple switches and my phone cradle on, so putting the CD back in isn't really an option.

It's been a while since I took my CD out, but IIRC when the player is activated, it overrides the radio until the "stop" button is pushed. It seems to me, looking at the FSM, that there ought to be a way to wire a switched circuit into the 9 pin harness that would make the radio head unit "think" there's a slave on the harness when there isn't. For example: flip a switch, powers up the override circuit on the radio and plays audio from the AAI module.

Does anyone have experience with the AAI-GM9? Is there a way to simulate a slave unit?

I only know enough about car audio to be dangerous, dunce so I apologize if I've got my head up my butt on this one.
Back to top Go down
Rivillac
Enthusiast
Rivillac

Name : Kevin
Merit : 13

Aux input on factory head unit (95) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aux input on factory head unit (95)   Aux input on factory head unit (95) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 am

I found another product that will allow me to use the cassette deck input for both. 80s technology but it will solve my problem:

Sescom SES-IPOD-AB iPod Stereo Audio MP3 FLAC WMA Player A/B Switch 3.5mm (1/8)

Seems to be a much simpler solution... clap
Back to top Go down

Aux input on factory head unit (95)
Page 1 of 1